Verified Expert in Engineering
Progressive Web Applications (PWA) Developer
Ivan is an entrepreneur and full-stack developer who specializes in the front end. He has ten years of experience, including five with React, TypeScript, and RxJS. Ivan has used React hooks to build complex components such as a virtualized list, combined strict types, functional-style code and Jest unit tests to build a large (50,000 lines) front-end codebase, delivered a PWA with support for offline editing, and authored OSS and articles.
The most amazing...
...tool I've built is a productivity web app called Obvibase that is a commercially successful PWA developed with React, TypeScript, and RxJS.
- Began this app as a side project in 2011 but by 2016 was producing enough revenue to work on it full-time. In 2020 I released a full rewrite of the client using a newer stack and written in functional rather than OOP style.
- Boosted the app with an innovative and complex front end of the order of 50,000 lines of code). Enabled it to sync a 10MB document in real-time between IndexedDB, multiple open browser tabs, and the server largely using RxJS.
- Developed an element with an innovative UI using React (and hooks) to build a custom virtual (windowed) list that efficiently renders lists with tens of thousands of rows, a specialized rich text editor, and various widgets.
- Released a new version of the app in 2020. It is installable as a PWA, works offline (including the ability to edit documents), and is optimized for mobile browsers.
- Coordinated custom enhancements of the company's B2B software (from gathering initial requirements to deployment).
- Negotiated, designed, and coordinated deployment of integrations with partner providers of financial data.
- Negotiated and coordinated private-label integrations of ivolatility.com analytical web tools with partner services such as online brokers.
Jest, AngularJS, Angular Material, Express.js
React, RxJS, Web Worker, Google Closure, Stripe API, Node.js
Closure Stylesheets, Workbox, Closure Compiler, Webpack, Travis CI
Functional Reactive Programming, REST, Functional Programming, Continuous Integration (CI)
Web, Google App Engine, Firebase
IndexedDB, Google Cloud Datastore, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB
PWA, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), Finance, Economics, Financial Markets, Financial Data, Financial Risk Management, Derivatives
Master's Degree in Finance and Financial Markets
The Higher School of Economics - Moscow, Russia