Open Source Developer2000 - PRESENTOpen Source
- Contributed to open-source (in my free time) which helped keep my technical skills up to date and hopefully also provide some useful stuff back to the community.
- Built a tool for automated email attachments downloads (Python, IMAP). Implemented advanced filtering to help choose the right attachments and download thousands of attachments concurrently.
- Constructed a Python library binding for PDF parsing (Cython); it was several times faster than other solutions (PDF Miner) available at the time.
- Built a tool for Xen VMs backup (Python, Xen, RPC); this tool ran reliably for several years in production with minimal inference.
- Built a simple local proxy for passing TCP connections through HTTPS proxy (Python, Rust); it was useful for passing IMAP, and an SSH connection via an HTTP proxy.
- Created a library for Asmuth-Bloom secret sharing in Rust.
- Built a tool for automated C# code analysis (code was bought by one of the leading companies in this area several years ago).
- Contributed to Crossbar WAMP router by implemented WAMP protocol over a raw socket in Python Asyncio.
Senior Manager2010 - 2019Oracle
Technologies: Python, Apex, Oracle Database
- Designed and implemented a KPI-reporting app (Oracle Database and Apex), which was used for performance management of our EMEA team.
- Trained several other developers to create new reports in this app.
- Created an app for quality assurance (Oracle Database and Apex), which was used globally in our organization.
- Developed and designed a deficiency-tracking workflow app (Oracle Database and Apex), which was used in our EMEA organization for managing issues in document templates.
- Designed and implemented an app for automated quality checks of contract documents (Python, Flask, PDF parser). This application was deployed globally in our organization and helped to improve quality by 10%.
- Implemented a CI/CD environment (XenServer, GitLab, Docker) environment to improve and automate application development process and its updates (for the above project).
- Managed team of contract experts (25 people).
Manager2003 - 2010Sun Microsystens
Technologies: Unix, Java, Python
- Implemented an app for workflow management (Python), which was successfully used by my team for years.
- Designed and implemented an app for support-fee calculations (Python, Django). My team's efficiency and accuracy made significant leaps.
- Built and led a team of presales experts for Sun HW configurations. We supported Easter Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
Manager of the eCommerce IT Department2000 - 2003Delloite & Touche
Technologies: Java, C#
- Spearheaded a consulting project for PKI infrastructure (X509, digital signatures, CA) for a large Czech bank.
- Fulfilled a contract with one of the leaders in eCommerce at that time, Clarus.
- Engaged in a development partnership with Clarus and developed several modules for them (in C#). One of the modules was for a procurement workflow which assured them their biggest deal ever with the bank, Barclay's.
- Managed the technical team—including development & operations for CEProcurement (the daughter company of Deloitte).
- Successfully competed, with the technical team, with a similar service of a top local telco operator, where they invested billions—matching them with our technical skills and partnership with our vendor to provide similar service for a fraction of their costs.
- Spearheaded the implementation of small data center for our eCommerce service (Dell HW, MS Servers).
- Supervised the development of a call-center-agent solution for a major utility company (Java, J2EE).
IT & Development Manager | Solution Architect1994 - 2000EDITEL
Technologies: Communication, C, HIPAA Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Security
- Helped to establish a successful startup in EDI (electronic data interchange).
- Built gradually a very skilled and competent technical team. (EDITEL was bought by Delloite thanks to its technical resources and portfolio).
- Led the development of EDISEC, a revolutionary solution for securing EDI messages (implementing.ISO 9735 parts 5-7,9).
- Actively participated in the ISO committee—defining those standards.
- Managed the development and implementation of EDIVAN, an EDI communication hub. (HP HW, custom C software).
- Led the implementation of an F-EDI solution for the Czech Central Bank for financial statics (X.400, Unix, custom C, and Shell).
- Supervised the implementation of EDIFACT's convertor and home banking client (Windows, C++).
- Led development of XMLEDI, a gateway between EDIFACT and XML formats (C++).
Engineer1992 - 1993Trancom s.r.o.
Technologies: CAD, PCB
- Designed telecommunication devices.