Senior Software Engineer2015 - PRESENTM&T Bank
- Built back-end database systems to store AML cleansed data.
- Worked on ETL processes that pulled and transformed data from numerous data sources.
- Developed a back-end REST API and front-end web app to facilitate admin related tasks and analytics.
- Drafted complex reports and dashboards for AML and comprehensive capital analysis and review (CCAR). Many of these reports were later delivered to the authorities.
- Helped to migrate data from Oracle 11g to SQL Server 2014 to handle the AML data in the Hudson City bank acquisition.
- Performed complex and advanced database and query tuning.
- Refactored the regulatory and risk reporting application to safeguard it against SQL injection attacks.
- Used the TensorFlow machine learning library to identify possible location matches in our master data management (MDM) system.
- Followed a test-driven development (TDD) approach for all database ETL processes using Ruby-plsql-spec.
- Set up transactional replication from our OLTP environment to the reporting environment.
Senior Software Developer2008 - 2015Weight Watchers
- Built a back-end REST API and front-end web reporting/analytics portal.
- Managed several data warehouse environments and their associated ETL processes.
- Generated numerous reports across the enterprise including finance, HR, and supply chain departments.
- Developed report models that enabled users to create their own reports with drag-and-drop functionality.
- Created multiple metadata layers and entity-attribute-value models to ease BI development and maintenance; among these environments were complex ERP systems.
- Tuned performance of multiple applications/reports including intricate query-tuning and converting many cursor-based processes to a declarative set-based approach.
- Leveraged OLAP cubes for advanced analytics.
- Led code reviews, established best practices, and taught classes on deep dives in various programming topics.
Database Developer2004 - 2008City of New York - HRA - APS - Financial Management Unit
- Built custom database processes to enhance the ERP system’s usability and functionality.
- Implemented a front-end web reporting portal pulling primarily from an OLAP cube.
- Enhanced the reporting permissions model to use row level security.
- Generated dozens of reports that pulled from multiple modules including GL, AP, AR, etc.
- Migrated legacy system data from multiple data sources and formats into the ERP system.
- Developed shell scripts to launch and coordinate Oracle Financials Concurrent Requests.
- Developed batch processes to import bank transaction files into Oracle Financials.
- Tuned performance of multiple applications/reports.