Verified Expert in Engineering
Jaanus is a highly skilled software developer with a passion for mobile development. In recent years, he has focused on iOS development, but he also has extensive experience with Android and J2ME platforms. Jaanus is a great communicator and enjoys working in diverse environments.
The most amazing...
...things I've coded are J2ME games on feature phones. Squeezing every part of code and resources to fit the application into 64KB jars was special.
Freelance iOS Developer
- Led the development of taxi ordering app Taxify, currently taking off in Europe.
- Led the development of Taxify companion app Taxify Driver.
- Led the development of the WeAreColony iPad app to watch indie movies.
- Created multiple iPad quiz apps used in local bars and shopping centers.
- Led the development of Speed Camera Tracker showing useful info for drivers in Australia.
- Built multiple in-house apps to play around with new technologies like Swift and SpriteKit.
Senior iOS Developer
- Led the development of the TrasnferWise iOS client. Defined app architecture and network communication with caching.
- Rewrote the parku app (v3) targeting iOS 7 and up.
- Led the development of KFC Heartbeat, a social app based on Glassboard and used internally by KFC.
- Fixed bugs and improved functionality for the CarDelMar car rental app.
- Developed a simple utility calculator for the golden ratio.
Senior J2ME and iOS Developer
- Led the UI rewrite of Skype J2ME.
- Helped intermittently on Skype's Android version.
- Led the development of a marine navigation iOS app built on top of a C++ library provided by the client.
- Led the developmet to extend Touchnote iOS app's functionality. First extended image editing capabilities and later did partial UI rewrite for universal app.
- Led the development of Lifecake iOS app. Scrapbook for memories of kids growing up. Notes, photos an videos that can be shared with family.
- Led the development of a local parking iOS app.
Senior Java Developer
- Led the development of a mapping SDK that could be used on any platform supporting Java (J2ME, Android, BlackBerry).
- Extended the functionality of the mapping application written in J2ME.
Coming in, I originally moved Objective-C based code gradually to Swift and envisioned a rules-based system where you would encapsulate game type-specific logic in discrete units that can be swapped out at runtime. It has worked out beautifully.
Now we're moving to real-time interactive multi-player games using Firestore live updates. This has also meant moving the app from a custom back-end API to using Firestore and Firebase storage.
* Unit tests for rules system allowed moving forward faster without the fear of breaking things. Of course, there could always be more unit tests.
* Feature flags in the main branch enable experimenting while delivering public releases.
* Abstracting back-end communication from core game logic allowed for an easier transition from the own API to Firestore saving.
Maxima iOS Estoniahttps://apps.apple.com/ee/app/maxima-eesti/id1515265957
I extended and modernized the existing iOS codebase, moving the project to the Swift Package Manager-based feature-specific module packages. With new features sneaking in SwiftUI and the composable architecture, I extended and modernized the existing iOS codebase.
I also implemented a touchless checkout flow. It is amazing that the original iOS implementation idea worked.
Your Daily Calorieshttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/your-daily-calories/id1448160240
Based on your fitness goals, you may want to target consumed calorie deficit or surplus. Using Apple Watch, you will be given your basal and active calories burned.
Your daily calories' information will combine calories burned and consumed and project your deficit or surplus target in a 24-hour window. This will allow you to make educated decisions on how to adjust your activity or eating.
The food database will be built by yourself, considering a very tailored list of products specific to your region and preferences: over the last two years, I built a list of 350 foods and products.
Everything is backed up to iCloud and there are no third-party services involved.
HealthKit, SwiftUI, UIKit, CoreData, CloudKit, WidgetKit, IAP
Taxify iOS (Bolt)https://apps.apple.com/app/bolt-request-a-ride/id675033630
Technical notes: Core Location, Core Data, Google Maps SDK, AFNetworking
Technical notes: Swift, SpriteKit, iAd
Technical notes: Core Data, AFNetworking Blogspot API, Guided Access, Images Caching, UIKit
iPhone SDK, Core Data, StoreKit, Core Location, CloudKit, SwiftUI, Spring, MapKit, UIKit
Interface Builder, Xcode, Git, GitHub
iPad, The Composable Architecture (TCA), Mobile App Development, iBeacon, Widgets, Mobile Ads
HealthKit, SpriteKit, Braintree API, Google Maps
REST, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
Cloud Firestore, SQLite
Bachelor's Degree in IT
Tallinn Technical University - Tallinn