Staff Software Engineer | Computer Vision and Machine Learning2017 - 2020Lyft
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Object Detection, Deep Learning, AWS, OpenCV, Python, TensorFlow, PyTorch
- Applied deep learning and computer vision algorithms to solve autonomous driving problems.
- Led the design and development of custom deep learning-based multi-object trackers used by multiple teams to track cars, cyclists, pedestrians, and traffic control elements.
- Designed the initial production release of the active learning data pipeline for continuous machine learning model improvement.
Artificial Intelligence Fellow2017 - 2017Insight Data Science
Technologies: Keras, Semantics, Deep Learning
- Developed a Computer Vision system based on a convolutional neural network that automatically annotates post-hurricane flooded roads on satellite imagery.
- Developed an open-source project on GitHub.
- Researched and published a blog post about the use of deep learning for disaster recovery.
Staff Software Engineer2015 - 2017
Technologies: Devices, Mobile, Video Codecs, Java
- Helped build LinkedIn's video platform from scratch.
- Wrote a technical blog post on building a Native video player library for Android.
Software Architect2011 - 2015Trulia
Technologies: REST APIs, iOS, Android
- Scaled our mobile platform to over a dozen apps across iOS, and Android. This grew the audience over ten times. Trulia mobile apps are top-rated by users, and frequently selected for prestigious editorial features by Apple, Google Android (Editors' Choice, and Staff Pick), Amazon, and Samsung.
- Developed and built projects for iOS and Android involving geofencing and geospatial data, user data synchronization, cross-platform communication, and natural language processing.
Technical Leader2006 - 2011Cisco
Technologies: CODE, VoIP, Android
- Led the architectural designs of Cisco Jabber (an enterprise VoIP app) on Android. Worked with product managers to translate business needs into technical specifications. Worked with cross-functional teams to define requirements, interfaces, and implementation approaches, and led a group of six talented Android developers to build out layered components of the application from scratch.
- Extended the Blackberry client with innovative voice features, coordinated development activities, and mentored junior engineers.
Senior Software Engineer2004 - 2006Weathernews Americas
Technologies: Videos, Mobile
- Developed the prototype, architecture, design, and implementation of Weathernews LiveLocal. LiveLocal is the US’s first streaming video application bringing videos from local broadcast TV stations to cell phones.