Verified Expert in Engineering
Jack is a prominent developer who has been involved in multiple projects targeting infrastructure, deployment, and back-end development. He has experience working in large companies with a high protocol, like PIMCO and Amazon, but also in small organizations and startups, like Kalshi and UT Labs. Proficient in different programming languages and tech frameworks, Jack is eager to tackle new challenges that will allow him to expand his skillset while contributing to organizational growth.
Linux, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Ubuntu
The most amazing...
...finding I've delivered identified a few misconfigurations in a cloud service provider that were costing thousands of dollars a month.
- Assisted in launching a high-availability, high-throughput exchange capable of processing millions of ordered financial trades and transactions per second.
- Automated the testing and deployment cycle, cutting time to test and deploy from one week to five hours. Set the time to deploy without rigorous testing to five minutes.
- Developed on-call procedures, monitoring, and SAP system landscape optimization (SLO). Used Datadog to build dashboards and playbooks for on-call engineers to comfortably debug and diagnose failed systems.
- Improved core exchange to increase throughput and reliability using distributed systems and parallelization techniques.
- Launched a massive data processing project to detect inconsistencies and errors in Amazon's central order processing system.
- Used Spark to leverage parallel computation to perform data analytics on Amazon's data streams.
- Maintained efficiency and communication in a highly distributed work environment, adjusting project specs and processing to fit data analyst's needs.
- Developed novel algorithms for knowledge graphs in drug discovery, especially among heterogeneous knowledge graphs.
- Sped up model testing and development time, reducing time to train and test models from weeks to hours.
- Published the results in a bioinformatics journal: link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-71292-1_10.
Core Engineering Intern
- Migrated all PIMCO apps onto cloud devices while setting up testing, CI/CD, logging services, and security while working as a core engineering team member.
- Built a tool that reduced cloud resource overallocation, reducing cloud spending drastically.
- Maintained industry-standard security practices while moving apps and services to the cloud.
Kotlin, Python, Java, Go, SQL
Terraform, CircleCI, AWS CLI, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon EKS, Git, AWS CloudFormation, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR)
Automated Testing, Continuous Integration (CI), DevOps, Continuous Delivery (CD)
Kubernetes, Docker, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Ubuntu, Apache Kafka
CI/CD Pipelines, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Programming Languages, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Identity & Access Management (IAM), Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Shell Scripting
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Texas at Austin - Austin, Texas, USA