Software Engineer2015 - PRESENTToptal Clients
Technologies: OpenTok, WatchOS, MacOS, iOS, Objective-C, Swift
- Developed a WatchOS companion for a choose-your-own-adventure iOS game.
- Took over development of the Mymo Health telemedicine app—later, built a new app after a massive redesign.
- Worked on messaging and maps components of a social media app related to the restaurant industry.
- Built the core of the new Hush makeup sales iOS app.
- Worked on iOS and macOS versions of the Accountable2You app.
- Worked on a custom macOS word processor for academic publishing.
- Built an iOS app for a real estate agent in the Phoenix area.
- Worked on an enterprise app for an oil company.
Independent Contractor2008 - PRESENTJacob Hazelgrove
Technologies: Twilio, MacOS, iOS, Objective-C, Swift
- Worked full-time on macOS speech recognition software.
- Developed full-time on iOS VoIP software.
- Contributed to the development of an iOS radio streaming app.
- Helped build a VoIP app for LoudCloud.
- Created my own iOS and macOS software.
Senior iOS Software Engineer2014 - 2015Silent Circle, LLC
Technologies: Git, Core Graphics, Core Animation, Interface Builder, Xcode, Swift, Objective-C, Cocoa, OS X, iOS
- Implemented and assisted in designing UI for a next generation VoIP app for iOS.
- Worked closely with the UX/UI team to support a common look and feel across all platforms.
- Implemented custom UI for use in other company products.
- Developed a shareable user interface for custom contact systems.
- Wrote custom tools to support development.
Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2014Nuance Communications, Inc.
- Supported the development of an advanced speech recognition solution for Mac OS X.
- Played a key role in the development of an entry-level speech recognition application for the Mac App Store.
- Supported merging a transcription product into a speech recognition product.
- Showed initiative by taking on extra responsibility for the design of the product line.
- Attended WWDC for continued learning.
- Promoted to senior engineer for doing senior-level work in an entry-level position.
Software Engineer2008 - 2011MacSpeech, Inc./Nuance Communications, Inc.
Technologies: Trac, Subversion (SVN), Core Graphics, Core Animation, Interface Builder, Xcode, Objective-C, Cocoa, OS X, iOS
- Supported the development of a speech recognition solution for Mac OS X.
- Played a key role in the development of an audio transcription application for Mac OS X.
- Implemented numerous custom user interface elements.
- Handled localization and implementation across the entire product line.
- Supported the development of medical and legal editions of the product line.
- Wrote custom tools to support development and localization.
- Developed an interface builder plugin for custom user interface components.
- Rebranded the entire product line after acquisition.