Senior Python Developer2018 - 2019NodeHost
Technologies: Python, Flask, PostgreSQL, Docker
- Modeled databases as well as developed and deployed API services.
Full-stack Developer2017 - 2019Asimetrix
Technologies: Python, Flask, MongoDB, React, AWS, Heroku, Auth0
- Maintained an API using Python/Flask and MongoDB.
- Added features and optimized the SPA (React).
- Built a responsive design using Bootstrap.
Lead Back-end Developer2017 - 2018Qbrio
- Designed the database.
- Architected the system from scratch to support different types of loads.
- Developed an API to serve the AI model.
Lead Back-end Developer2017 - 2018Apps4gaps
Technologies: Python, Flask, Heroku, PostgreSQL
- Re-thought the data model (database entities redesign).
- Built a new API for all services needed by the new iOS app.
Lead Back-end Developer2016 - 2017AdMass, Inc.
Technologies: Heroku, Flask, Celery, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Redis
- Created three different apps, one for the influencer (whitelabeled), one for the advertiser, and one for data processing.
- Provided lots of data crunching and social network API manipulation.
- Created libraries to be shared between different repositories.
Lead Back-end Developer2014 - 2016RealMassive
Technologies: Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Flask, PostgreSQL
- Helped to make a young back-end more robust and reliable, fixing bugs, increasing monitoring, and cleaning and refactoring code to improve the performance and maintainability.
- Created the back-end for a data intensive application called Atlas, part of the RealMassive portfolio.
- Created the back-end for an application used to embed widgets to syndicate CRE information into other websites.
- Integrated a robust framework used to validate images and protect the company from copyright threats.
Lead Developer2010 - 2014Paymentez
Technologies: Google App Engine, Flask, Django, PCI
- Led the development team using Scrum (located in three different countries).
- Handled integrations with numerous developers around the world, provisioning APIs and solving problems.
- Led a project to achieve PCI compliance for the platform.
- Created a testing workflow to focus development on quality and refactoring.
- Handled the requirements process with the sales team.
Web Developer2009 - 2010Mentez SAS
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Heroku, MySQL
- Migrated a PHP application (second with most traffic in Orkut) to Python using Google App Engine to handle the peaks.
- Developed a web application to run beauty contests in Orkut.
- Developed Paymentez, a micro payments platform to sell virtual goods suited for Orkut and Facebook and then to any other website.
- Led the development team using Scrum.
- Created a reusable framework in Python to add different payment methods to applications and handle notifications peaks using queues.
Projects Engineer2007 - 2009Fluidsignal Group
Technologies: Python, Django, IT Services (Linux, DNS, Web Servers)
- Created a web application to handle people queues in a bank.
- Supported the infrastructure inside the company for a long period of time (any access or change to servers sent to me).
- Resolved a large amount of tickets for problems with client infrastructure (both remotely and in client offices).
- Worked on a project for the largest bank in Colombia as part of the security group (outsourcing) and helping with security incidents and deploying software.
- Worked on a project to achieve compliance of CMMI level 5.
- Deployed IT infrastructure to several clients (DNS, email, web servers, virtualization, firewall, proxy) in site.