- Head of Technology2015 - PRESENTVXM
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, RedShift, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Tableau, AWS, Azure, .NET
- Spearheaded the development of BIG POPPA, our profit analytics suite that uses price-volume-mix analysis to quantify strategic and management decisions.
- Led a BI team for more traditional consulting services to implement tactical business solutions utilizing my rapid dev data mart design methodology. Current clients are across manufacturing, logistics, and finance.
- Developed a complex financial analysis tool utilizing OLAP cube as a calculation engine and Tableau as the visualization layer.
- Rapid architecture, design, and development of a number of tactical data marts for large clients in logistics, manufacturing, and finance.
- Collaborated with clients’ senior management and heads of business to provide solutions that deliver insights in rapid time.
- Senior Business Intelligence Consultant2011 - 2015Chamonix
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI, Excel (PowerPivot), VBA, Maximo (BIRT), AWS, Azure, .NET
- Designed and developed enterprise data warehouse solutions that spanned the full Microsoft BI stack (data store, integration, data models, visualisations) for numerous clients across government, health, education and utilities.
- Designed and developed numerous complex OLAP solutions utilising multidimensional and tabular (including PowerPivot).
- Designed and developed SSIS based modular ETL framework that integrated data from various RDBMS (Oracle/SQL Server), flat file and web based data sources. The Framework was successfully deployed at numerous clients across Government and private sector companies.
- Designed and developed data warehouse for a financial reporting and forecasting tool for a major utilities provider in Australia.
- Designed and developed data warehouse featuring a real-time, shift and historical reporting dashboard solution for ambulance emergency response. Current events were trickle fed into the data warehouse in near-real time and visualised for the commanders at the incident response centre.
- Developed suite of 30+ complex KPI, Financial and Operational reports within Maximo 7 based CMS for a public utilities company. Completed in under a month at the back end of the project that allowed it to go live on schedule after the main supplier had de-scoped the vital reporting assets.
- Provided presales and proof of concept/prototyping support to the sales team to win new business.
- Working closely with business stakeholders to analyse requirements and provide sound solutions.
- Business Intelligence Contractor2006 - 2011Business Intelligence Contractor
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Excel, VBA, .NET, Oracle DB, DataStage, Visual FoxPro
- Designed and developed enterprise data warehouse solutions that spanned the full Microsoft BI stack (data store, integration, data models, visualizations) for numerous clients across government, education, telecommunications, and finance.
- Provided ongoing support and enhancement to existing BI solutions across the full stack.
- Optimized existing solutions that were being overwhelmed with data including optimizing OLAP cubes and integration. Improvements by factors of x10-100 for common and complex queries.
- Developed ETL framework and financial reporting as part of integration project at a large financial administrative services provider. It was the third attempt at the project by the organization (the previous two being aborted failures), and the framework played a pivotal part in the successful implementation.
- Programmer2004 - 2006Steadfast Australia
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, SQL
- Developed and implemented a middleware solution that integrated orders on the web portal with the in-house tracking system and external transport companies to generate pack orders and print shipping labels once picked.
- Created and supported web based portal for customer orders.
- Built financial and operational reporting solutions within TransLogix, the warehouse stock management system.
- Database Developer2004 - 2004Origin Energy
Technologies: Microsoft Access
- Developed a MS Access based application to create a searchable index of technical drawing of all assets at a number of power plants.