Verified Expert in Engineering
Jakub is a skilled mobile developer with 7+ years of experience in Flutter and Android, specializing in Android development and clean architecture to improve extendability. He integrates multiple technologies into his projects, including REST APIs, Firebase, and Bluetooth scanners. Jakub is known for creating future-driven solutions—developing basic and complex applications, programming libraries, and custom Android widgets—and has helped many small businesses build mobile apps.
MacOS, Slack, Discord, Android Studio
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is a pharmacy inventory app with multiple 2D code scanning devices that used Zebra Scanner Smartphone for scanning drugs.
Lead Mobile Developer
- Led a team of developers and testers, ensuring the successful delivery of a working solution within the specified deadline.
- Collected detailed requirements and formulated optimal technical solutions tailored to those requirements.
- Offered constructive feedback to team members and intervened in challenging situations to ensure project continuity and team cohesion.
- Developed a Flutter application, integrating native platform code for enhanced Google Maps functionality and background location tracking.
- Assisted business team members to streamline their tasks and collaborated proactively to craft business-viable solutions.
- Implemented camera component for the Flutter app. The camera was in-app and had a fully customizable UI.
- Handled all possible error cases of camera components to inform users about the required steps properly.
- Based on requirements, I decided on a proper technical approach for the task.
Android Mobile Developer
Hype Labs Inc.
- Developed Native Android application with the use of Jetpack Compose.
- Designed a sustainable project structure that allows for easy project maintenance and future project development.
- Advised on the architectural design of the SDK developed alongside the mobile application.
- Integrated Web 3 wallet creation. Implemented private key storage with Android encrypted storage, secured by fingerprint.
- Managed a developers' team and coordinated the development work between platforms providing requirements for their communication schema.
- Designed the architecture and developed an application for motorcycle rental. The reusability of components decreased development time, and we completed the scope two months before the deadline. That allowed us to deliver more for the client.
- Published the application on Google Play Store and managed the publishing process. Continuous delivery allowed smooth testing by QA and users.
- Took part in the discovery phase of the Toptal project. Based on the client's requirements, I decided on the proper tech stack for further development and mitigated potential risks.
- Built an Android native application from scratch with clean architecture and an MVVM approach together with another team member.
- Integrated the app with the Web3 library. The app allows sending and receiving cryptocurrencies and swapping cryptocurrencies using a company's smart contract.
- Implemented biometric security with the use of Android native security features.
- Oversaw the maintenance of a big corporate eCommerce application.
- Developed new features in the existing legacy codebase.
- Refactored the legacy codebase in a production-ready application.
Lead Mobile Developer
- Led a team of three mobile developers, managing tasks and overseeing work.
- Integrated an Android native app with Bluetooth devices and built-in hardware modules such as 2D scanners from Zebra and MioCare. Such functionality increased the productivity of pharmacy and hospital workers while doing inventory.
- Assisted in developing a Kiosk-like app that required keeping an app open for a long time without closing it.
- Provided various app versions at different development stages for testers with Firebase App Distribution. Gained an in-depth perspective on production app distribution in stores.
- Developed various libraries, focusing on efficiency with developers as end users.
- Built an application for travel agencies in Flutter.
- Developed a Flutter application with BLE communication which gathered real-time data from a spirometry device. The app allowed patients to easily take a spirometry exam and share it with their doctor from home.
- Developed a shooting range app with image transformation options.
- Built responsive custom widgets on Android with the usage of native Android tools.
- Collaborated with a remote and asynchronous team during app development.
Progress Tracker Apphttps://gitlab.com/JakubNeukirch/progress-tracker/
NumberPicker Widget Libraryhttps://github.com/Stonks-tech/GoodPicker
I decided to recreate outdated, existing Android widgets from scratch that don't support basic customization and make them able to respond to the challenge. The library is at an early stage but showing promising results.
Manufacture – Code Generation Plugin
DrinkBar – Clean Architecture Android Native Apphttps://github.com/Stonks-tech/DrinkBar
LearnReader – Vocabulary Collecting Apphttps://join.learnreaderapp.com/
Tech stack: Kotlin, MVVM, XML Views, Room, Clean Architecture
Apple TV Demohttps://github.com/Stonks-tech/AppleTVDemo
Android TV Demohttps://github.com/Stonks-tech/AndroidTVDemo
Kotlin, Java, Dart, TypeScript, Swift
Android SDK, Flutter, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), React Native, NestJS, Redux, Ktor, SwiftUI
REST APIs, RxJava 2, RxJava, Google Maps API, Camera API, Google Maps, Node.js, Google Sheets API, Social Media APIs
Android Studio, Android Jetpack, Slack, Sentry, Jira
Cross-platform, Mobile Development, REST, Unit Testing, Clean Architecture, Low-code Development, Requirements Analysis, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), DevOps, Responsive
Android, Mobile, Firebase, Bluetooth LE, Android Watch, iOS, MacOS, Blockchain, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Android TV, Apple TV, FlutterFlow
Native Mobile Apps, Mobile Apps, APIs, Mobile App Development, Mobile Applications, Technical Leadership, SDKs, Architecture, Bluetooth, CI/CD Pipelines, No-code Development, Near-field Communication (NFC), Smart Watches, Software Architecture, Android Camera App, Embedded Hardware, Authentication, Push Notifications, HTTP, WebSockets, Full-stack, Startups, Axios, Discord, Back-end, Cryptocurrency, Cryptocurrency Wallets, IntelliJ SDK, Plugins, Leadership, Integration, Encryption, Room, Mobile Security, Software Design, Rideshare Services
Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering
University of Economics - Katowice, Poland
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring