Founder, CTO2014 - PRESENTPayPerTask Ltd.
Technologies: Ruby, Sinatra, AngularJS, RabbitMQ, Redis
- Learned a lot about customer development, lean startups, and the importance of communication with customers.
- Isolated every piece of functionality and connected them together through RabbitMQ, making it easy to debug, scale, and refactor.
- Extracted the https://github.com/botanicus/pipeline.rb library for decoupling functionality through RabbitMQ.
- Implemented the web part to run on Puma/Rubinius, avoiding Ruby MRI GIL.
- Handled both the development and production in Vagrant, facilitating synchronization.
Senior Developer2008 - PRESENTFreelance
- Spoke in WebExpo 2008, Ruby Manor 2009, MerbCamp 2011, NodeCamp.eu 2011, and Messaging Conference in Dublin 2011.
- Wrote nearly 100 OSS projects.
- Learned a great deal about the importance of frequent, honest, and open communication with my clients.
- Worked on 2 healthcare projects (UK & US) where a high level of security and encryption was required. Became familiar with HIPAA.
Contracting Developer, Community Evangelist2010 - 2012VMware (RabbitMQ team)
Technologies: Ruby, AMQP, RabbitMQ, Node.js
- Rewrote most of the Ruby AMQP gem, including the AMQP parser.
- Split the AMQP gem to 3 parts: parser, basic impartial client, and high-level opinionated API. Made it easy for other people to use any layer.
- Spoke in MerbCamp 2011, NodeCamp.eu 2011, and Messaging Conference in Dublin 2011.