Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Engineering Developer
James is a Silicon Valley-based entrepreneur and software engineer with a bachelor’s degree in computer engineering from the University of Notre Dame. He has developed several full-stack applications from the ground-up, but specializes in mobile application development, especially Android, and has shipped applications on millions of devices. Throughout his career he’s taken several projects from sketches to full product implementations. He prides himself on his can-do, get-things-done attitude.
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed was building an Internet TV platform from scratch with a community of over 100,000 users across multiple devices and operating systems.
Chief Technology Officer
- Developed an internet TV platform that aggregated a user's streaming TV subscriptions into a single UI across all of their devices.
- Wrote Android mobile, Android TV, FireTV, Chromecast, and iOS applications, as well as the backend deployed across Google Cloud Platform and DigitalOcean.
- Developed growth engine with programmatic Facebook ads and email marketing that led to over 100,000 registered users.
Lead Software Engineer - Android Client
- Led team which built a mobile policy enforcement and billing engine from the ground up using the Android OS. This entailed Android framework hooks for telephony operations, kernel modules for data classification/enforcement and a user application.
- Led several projects to improve the mobile user experience, including daily user testing sessions with quick turnaround/feedback cycles.
- Shipped software embedded in over 8 million Android devices.
- Recruited as the software design engineer for the Digital Telephony Initiative (DTI), a small start-up group within HP. The DTI device consisted of a 7-inch touch screen running embedded Linux on an ARM processor.
- Designed and coded the user interface for HP TV's and Digital Media Adapters, including leading development work on the first YouTube application for Smart TVs.
- Recruited as one of the first engineers for the emerging software business, which was tasked with developing a new operating system based on Android for HP's small form-factor devices. Ported Android OS (AOSP) to an i386 netbook.
Android, Android TV, DigitalOcean, Docker, Shopify, WordPress, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS)
MySQL, Google Cloud
Technical Leadership, Video Streaming, Cloud Services, AOSP, Software Engineering, Chromecast, Shopify Customizations, Embedded Systems, Fire TV, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), Videos, Smart TV
React Native, GWT
FFmpeg, Node.js, React
Apache Tomcat, Flash
Test-driven Development (TDD)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
University of Notre Dame - Notre Dame, IN