Senior Software Consultant2018 - 2019Adaptive FInancial Consulting
Technologies: C#, TypeScript, Kotlin, Java
- Contributed to the construction of a low-latency crypto exchange.
- Gathered requirements, architected, and developed for FIX Gateway.
- Worked on tools for cross compilation allowing targeting of multiple platforms/languages.
Senior Software Consultant2017 - 2018ASOS
Technologies: Azure, ASP.NET, F#, C#
- Worked on a high-volume API powering a global eCommerce brand.
- Introduced software to reduce bureaucracy and allow faster deployments, saving both time and money.
Senior Software Consultant2015 - 2016Digiterre
Technologies: F#, C#, .NET
- Developed an electronic trading platform for commodities traditionally traded by email/phone.
- Introduced functional programming techniques to rapidly build new applications with fewer defects.
- Worked on an innovative moment-marketing tool.
- Implemented CI/CD pipelines for rapid cloud deployment.
- Implemented an event-sourced architecture to provide flexibility and allow full audit history.
Vice President, Quantitative Strategies2014 - 2015Credit Suisse
Technologies: C#, F#
- Worked on the front-office building pricing application for financial derivatives.
- Worked with a distributed team in London, New York, and Wroclaw, Poland.
- Worked with stakeholders to gather business requirements and translated to production quality code.
Software Consultant2013 - 2014Perfect Shuffle, Ltd.
Technologies: ZURB Foundation, XNA, Compass, Sass, HTML5, C#, F#
- Designed and developed a cloud-hosted, responsive SaaS application for delivering virtual gift cards to small retailers.
- Designed and developed a high-performance trading grid control for financial services using F# and XNA.
Software Consultant2011 - 2013Trayport Contigo
Technologies: C#, F#
- Worked in a mid-sized Agile team to develop Joule, a new commodity trading platform for the energy market.
- Used TDD and BDD within the Agile setting to reduce regressions and involve stakeholders in writing requirements.
- Used functional programming in a commercial environment.
Software Consultant2011 - 2011Avis
Technologies: C#, .NET
- Reverse-engineered a legacy application to gather requirements.
- Designed and built a web application using ASP.NET MVC and C#.
- Migrated existing application data to the new platform.
Software Consultant2010 - 2011ED&F Man
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC, MSMQ, C#
- Built a web application to allow business owners to track and audit counterparty risk.
- Integrated with external accounting systems.
- Designed and built a custom blotter for importing data from Excel.
Software Engineer2009 - 2010Condé Nast Publications
Technologies: jQuery, ASP.NET MVC, Apache Lucene, Umbraco, CSS, HTML, C#
- Worked on the back end for high-volume and high-profile websites including Vogue, Glamour, Wired, and CN Traveller.
- Built a custom asynchronous analytics platform.
- Customized the CMS to integrate fast text searching using Lucene.