Full-Stack Software Engineer Consultant2014 - PRESENTJamesKoshigoe.com
- Architected and led a development team building a Spotify-like application for a Series-A funded startup using Node.js, Electron, and React.
- Worked full-stack on the team to develop a consumer-facing review platform with Node.js, React, GraphQL, Elasticsearch, and PostgreSQL.
- Built optimization algorithms to automate advertising campaign management using Facebook's Marketing API, Python, Django, and PostgreSQL.
- Built a bidirectional shipping integration API with Ruby on Rails for a very large affiliate network corporation.
- Managed multiple overseas engineering teams using Agile practices.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2014IMM
- Automated and optimized as much of IMM's manual processes as possible so IMM's talent could focus on what they do best.
- Provided technology and architectural experience to build core infrastructures upon which other developers relied.
- Built high-traffic websites for IMM's digital marketing campaigns for well-known brands such as TracFone, Chili's, On The Border, DirectBuy, and more.
Lead Developer2011 - 2013InvitedHome (formerly Vacation Rental Partner)
Technologies: Git, jQuery, RSpec, PostgreSQL, CakePHP, PHP, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Paved a path and began moving the entire codebase from CakePHP to Ruby on Rails. Re-architected it and kept business needs moving forward.
- Integral in building the back-end and parts of the front-end for a new guest-facing site, enabling VRP to pivot its business model.
- Built custom feeds using REST, JSON, and XML to list VRP’s properties on HomeAway, FlipKey, and SkipJump through their proprietary APIs.
- Built accounting tools to automate manual tasks that previously cost the CEO numerous hours every month.
Website Developer, Consultant2010 - 2011Denver Homes Online
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Google SEO, Concrete5, PHP
- Worked with the client from the ground up to craft several web designs and implement them in a foundation the client could maintain.
- Trained the client in digital marketing fundamentals, including key concepts of SEO and proper usage of analytics to track the performance of campaigns.
Founder2009 - 2009TeamGrounds
Technologies: Subversion (SVN), jQuery UI, MySQL, PHP
- Developed from scratch an MVC framework in PHP, complete with a custom ORM.
- Built a social network foundation with user profiles. Implemented commenting and friending features.
Website Developer2008 - 2008Sito Marketing/American Vending Systems
Technologies: WordPress, SugarCRM, Subversion (SVN), Python, jQuery, MySQL, PHP
- Created and concurrently managed all the technical needs of ten websites.
- Built a specialized CMS in PHP that allowed for fast generation of hundreds of landing pages.
- Integrated leads coming from various sources into a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system using PHP and a REST API.
Website Developer2007 - 2008Colorado Home Helper
Technologies: Subversion (SVN), jQuery, MySQL, PHP
- Developed a system for real estate agents to email clients custom home search reports using an AJAX-based interface and PHP/MySQL back-end.
- Developed and further customized an existing PHP-based MLS to allow visitors to register and save searches. Integrated featured listings and improved overall functionality and usability.