- Web Applications Consultant and ContractorJamesKoshigoe.com2014 - PRESENT
- Architected and led development in a team to build a Spotify-like application for a Series-A funded startup using Node.js, Electron/Chromium, and React.js.
- Built a bidirectional shipping integration API with Ruby on Rails for a very large affiliate network corporation.
- Managed an outsourced, overseas engineering team using Agile practices.
- Built a large front-end for a tax compliance platform with AngularJS and Bootstrap.
- Consulted for an early-stage startup and worked in a team to develop a single-page application using ReactJS, Flux, SASS, and ES6.
- Senior Software EngineerIMM2013 - 2014
- Automated and optimized as much of IMM's manual processes as possible so IMM's talent could focus on what they do best.
- Provided technology and architectural experience to build core infrastructures upon which other developers relied.
- Built high-traffic websites for IMM's digital marketing campaigns for well-known brands such as TracFone, Chili's, On The Border, DirectBuy, and more.
- Lead DeveloperInvitedHome (formerly Vacation Rental Partner)2011 - 2013
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PHP, CakePHP, PostgreSQL, RSpec, jQuery, Git
- Paved a path and began moving the entire codebase from CakePHP to Ruby on Rails. Re-architected it and kept business needs moving forward.
- Integral in building the back-end and parts of the front-end for a new guest-facing site, enabling VRP to pivot its business model.
- Built custom feeds using REST, JSON, and XML to list VRP’s properties on HomeAway, FlipKey, and SkipJump through their proprietary APIs.
- Built accounting tools to automate manual tasks that previously cost the CEO numerous hours every month.
- Website Developer, ConsultantDenver Homes Online2010 - 2011
Technologies: PHP, Concrete5 CMS, SEO, Photoshop
- Worked with the client from the ground up to craft several web designs and implement them in a foundation the client could maintain.
- Trained the client in digital marketing fundamentals, including key concepts of SEO and proper usage of analytics to track the performance of campaigns.
- FounderTeamGrounds2009 - 2009
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, jQuery UI, SVN
- Developed from scratch an MVC framework in PHP, complete with a custom ORM.
- Built a social network foundation with user profiles. Implemented commenting and friending features.
- Website DeveloperSito Marketing/American Vending Systems2008 - 2008
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, Python, SVN, SugarCRM, WordPress
- Created and concurrently managed all the technical needs of ten websites.
- Built a specialized CMS in PHP that allowed for fast generation of hundreds of landing pages.
- Integrated leads coming from various sources into a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system using PHP and a REST API.
- Website DeveloperColorado Home Helper2007 - 2008
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, SVN
- Developed a system for real estate agents to email clients custom home search reports using an AJAX-based interface and PHP/MySQL back-end.
- Developed and further customized an existing PHP-based MLS to allow visitors to register and save searches. Integrated featured listings and improved overall functionality and usability.