CSS Developer in San Francisco, CA, United States
Full-Stack Software Engineer Consultant2014 - PRESENTJamesKoshigoe.com
- Architected and led a development team building a Spotify-like application for a Series-A funded startup using Node.js, Electron, and React.
- Worked full-stack on the team to develop a consumer-facing review platform with Node.js, React, GraphQL, Elasticsearch, and PostgreSQL.
- Built optimization algorithms to automate advertising campaign management using Facebook's Marketing API, Python, Django, and PostgreSQL.
- Built a bidirectional shipping integration API with Ruby on Rails for a very large affiliate network corporation.
- Managed multiple overseas engineering teams using Agile practices.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2014IMM
- Automated and optimized as much of IMM's manual processes as possible so IMM's talent could focus on what they do best.
- Provided technology and architectural experience to build core infrastructures upon which other developers relied.
- Built high-traffic websites for IMM's digital marketing campaigns for well-known brands such as TracFone, Chili's, On The Border, DirectBuy, and more.
Lead Developer2011 - 2013InvitedHome (formerly Vacation Rental Partner)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PHP, CakePHP, PostgreSQL, RSpec, jQuery, Git
- Paved a path and began moving the entire codebase from CakePHP to Ruby on Rails. Re-architected it and kept business needs moving forward.
- Integral in building the back-end and parts of the front-end for a new guest-facing site, enabling VRP to pivot its business model.
- Built custom feeds using REST, JSON, and XML to list VRP’s properties on HomeAway, FlipKey, and SkipJump through their proprietary APIs.
- Built accounting tools to automate manual tasks that previously cost the CEO numerous hours every month.
Website Developer, Consultant2010 - 2011Denver Homes Online
Technologies: PHP, Concrete5 CMS, SEO, Photoshop
- Worked with the client from the ground up to craft several web designs and implement them in a foundation the client could maintain.
- Trained the client in digital marketing fundamentals, including key concepts of SEO and proper usage of analytics to track the performance of campaigns.
Founder2009 - 2009TeamGrounds
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, jQuery UI, SVN
- Developed from scratch an MVC framework in PHP, complete with a custom ORM.
- Built a social network foundation with user profiles. Implemented commenting and friending features.
Website Developer2008 - 2008Sito Marketing/American Vending Systems
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, Python, SVN, SugarCRM, WordPress
- Created and concurrently managed all the technical needs of ten websites.
- Built a specialized CMS in PHP that allowed for fast generation of hundreds of landing pages.
- Integrated leads coming from various sources into a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system using PHP and a REST API.
Website Developer2007 - 2008Colorado Home Helper
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, SVN
- Developed a system for real estate agents to email clients custom home search reports using an AJAX-based interface and PHP/MySQL back-end.
- Developed and further customized an existing PHP-based MLS to allow visitors to register and save searches. Integrated featured listings and improved overall functionality and usability.
- RelatedJS (Development)https://www.npmjs.com/package/relatedjs
- Praisee (Development)
Praisee is a community dedicated to giving consumers a voice to share their reviews, ask questions, and find answers to all products
I co-founded Praisee and wrote the service from scratch on top of React.js, GraphQL/Relay, Node.js, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, Redis, and Google Cloud Platform. The front-end is isomorphic and the back-end is a custom scalable architecture designed for the unique batch data loading and authorization needs of GraphQL.
- MetricLift (Development)
MetricLift automates advertising on Facebook by continuously sampling audiences and adjusting spend across hundreds of multivariate ad sets. We've been able to increase conversions for clients anywhere from 1.5x to 2x. I built the back-end with Python/Django which talks to various APIs such as Facebook's Marketing API and HubSpot's APIs.
- Portfolio and Code Samples (Development)https://github.com/jameslk/portfolio
A variety of previous projects and code samples to view.
FrameworksExpress.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Redux, Electron.js, Django, Relay, Flux, Swagger, AngularJS, Bootstrap, PHPUnit, Laravel
Libraries/APIsNode.js, React, Facebook API, Facebook Ads API, Facebook Marketing API, MobX, jQuery, NumPy, Stripe, Stripe API, SQLAlchemy, Pandas, Authorize.Net, Devise, Socket.IO
ToolsJSX, Adobe Photoshop, Git, Elastic, Google Analytics, Moqups, Balsamiq, Mocha, Browserify, Chrome Developer Tools, Babel, Jira, RSpec, Vim Text Editor, IPython Notebook, IPython, Jupyter, Sketch, InVision, Grunt, Gulp.js, Nginx, Trello, Apache
ParadigmsAgile, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST, Agile Software Development, Functional Programming, SOLID Principles, Kanban, Scrum, Model View Controller (MVC), Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
OtherRESTful Web Services, Front-end, Facebook Marketing, Facebook Ads, Social Media, User Experience (UX), Digital Marketing, Google Tag Manager, HubSpot, Facebook, PIP, Customer Acquisition, SEM
PlatformsCentOS, Ubuntu Linux, Ubuntu, Docker, Windows, Heroku, Linux, MacOS, WordPress, Jupyter Notebook, Google Cloud Platform
StorageElasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, SQLite, MongoDB
- B.S. (incomplete) degree in Computer Science2010 - 2012University of Colorado Boulder - Boulder
- B.S. (incomplete) degree in Computer Science2006 - 2008University of Colorado Denver - Denver