DevOps Consultant2022 - PRESENTUndisclosed (Private Client)
Technologies: Vercel, AWS, Kubernetes, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS RDS, CI/CD Pipelines, GitHub, Securities, Alternative Investments, Datadog, Terraform, AWS Cloud Architecture, Cloud, Amazon ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), AWS ALB, Apache Kafka, Site Reliability
- Migrated the ECS workload to a Fargate-driven EKS backplane, supporting multiple developer and customer-facing workloads.
- Managed security policies to ensure customer data and PII were well-protected and auditable.
- Managed integration with multiple third-party services, including Contentful, Vercel, and similar services.
- Managed and created CI/CD workflows for micro-service-based architecture.
DevOps Consultant2021 - PRESENTUndisclosed
Technologies: VPN, ISO 27001, AWS IAM, GitLab, Terraform, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Docker, DevOps, Kubernetes, AWS, Amazon ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), AWS ALB
- Migrated several services and Terraform recipes to more modernized and standardized implementations.
- Managed scalability and security concerns and incident response for external threats and internal risk management.
- Charged with spearheading much of the policy generation and implementation for ISO27001 certification of the organization.
Senior DevOps2021 - PRESENTUndisclosed (Toptal Client)
Technologies: Kubernetes, Amazon EKS, Apache Kafka, AWS ALB, Autoscaling Groups, Elastic APM, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Single Sign-on (SSO), PagerDuty, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Site Reliability, Scalability, Containers, Containerization, DevOps, Terraform, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Managed multiple team members and led reorganizing into a DevOps as a service mentality, enabling engineering teams to quickly and independently iterate without being blocked by operations and logistics.
- Managed and migrated several workloads across several Kubernetes clusters to ensure availability and redundancy of services.
- Charged with several operational concerns, including management, security, infrastructure, SSO integrations, and others, to ensure automation and well-defined policies across the engineering teams.
Kafka and Kubernetes Expert2022 - 2022Undisclosed (Toptal Client)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EKS, Apache Kafka, AWS, AWS ALB, Site Reliability, Datadog
- Established automated monitoring between Terraform components and Datadog to ensure consistent application of company standards.
- Configured and managed multiple Kafka (MSK) clusters for highly available mission-critical services.
- Guided junior team members in learning AWS infrastructure and services.
- Provided support and troubleshooting for VPCs, peering connections, and other complex networking installations.
- Supported multiple Kubernetes clusters for production and developer use.
Cloud Architect | Operations Lead2015 - 2018Sano Intelligence
Technologies: Linux, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Cloud Architecture, Monitoring, Scalability, Google Cloud, DevOps, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Created, managed, and supported the entire cloud infrastructure for the enterprise to ensure high availability and low-cost automation solutions.
- Supported internal engineering and IT groups to ensure coordinated efforts across the organization and reduce duplication.
- Implemented infrastructure scalability throughout an enterprise's formative years—ensuring the load testing, scalability, and productivity of teams working on the product.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer2012 - 2015The Climate Corporation
Technologies: Go, Python, Ruby, Java, Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), AWS, AWS EMR, Cost Cutting, Web Security, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps Engineer, DevOps, Cloud Security, Cloud Computing
- Worked to help control costs and mitigate expenses through the use of AWS technologies, including spot instances, monitoring, and active management of infrastructure.
- Acted as the primary engineer on security and infrastructure concerns within the cloud infrastructure.
- Consulted across teams within the organization for use and integration with AWS and other cloud technologies, including engineering, IT, and business analytics teams.
- Implemented and managed the authentication infrastructure for production services ensuring reliable SSO across the application suite.
- Applied the high-availability and high-reliability infrastructure to support build deployment automation and reproducibility.
Systems Engineer2008 - 2010Ooyala
Technologies: Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud), BGP, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), AWS EMR, VPN, IPsec
- Designed, negotiated purchasing, built, and provisioned the first physical data center for the company's hybrid-cloud system.
- Designed and deployed corporate and production networks, automation, IT integration, and provisioning tools.
- Acted as the first-and-final security contact for internal and external threat mitigation, management, and resolution.
Linux Administrator | Corporate Site Reliability Engineer2004 - 2008
Technologies: Python, C, Linux, LDAP, RADIUS, Ruby, DNS, Load Balancers, Cloud, Perforce, CVS, Git, Mercurial, IP Networks, VPN, Firewalls, Kerberos
- Managed and maintained numerous corporate services to support the engineering organization and the corporate mission.
- Oversaw several integration points of the various technology platforms in Google's unique environment.
- Handled on-call and maintenance of tight SLAs to ensure worldwide and 24/7 availability of corporate infrastructure.
- Acted frequently as a nexus of information between the corporate and production networking teams and security, production, and corporate resources.