Cloud Architect | Operations Lead2015 - 2018Sano Intelligence
Technologies: Linux, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Cloud Architecture, Monitoring, Scalability, Google Cloud
- Created, managed, and supported the entire cloud infrastructure for the enterprise to ensure high availability and low-cost automation solutions.
- Supported both internal engineering groups and IT groups to ensure coordinated efforts across the organization and reduce duplication.
- Implemented infrastructure scalability throughout an enterprise's formative years—ensuring the load testing, scalability, and productivity of teams working on the product.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer2012 - 2015The Climate Corporation
Technologies: Go, Python, Ruby, Java, AWS EC2, AWS, AWS EMR, Cost Cutting, Web Security
- Worked to help control costs and mitigate expenses through the use of AWS technologies including spot instances, monitoring, and active management of infrastructure.
- Acted as the primary engineer on security and infrastructure concerns within the cloud infrastructure.
- Consulted across teams within the organization for use and integration with AWS and other cloud technologies, including engineering, IT, and business analytics teams.
- Implemented and managed the authentication infrastructure for production services ensuring reliable SSO across the application suite.
- Implemented the high-availability and high-reliability infrastructure to support build deployment automation and reproducibility.
Systems Engineer2008 - 2010Ooyala
Technologies: AWS EC2, BGP, AWS S3, AWS EMR, VPN, IPsec
- Designed, negotiated purchasing, built, and provisioned the first physical data center for the company's hybrid-cloud system.
- Designed and deployed corporate and production networks, automation, IT integration, and provisioning tools.
- Acted as the first-and-final security contact for internal and external threat mitigation, management, and resolution.
Linux Administrator | Corporate Site Reliability Engineer2004 - 2008
Technologies: Python, C, Linux, LDAP, RADIUS, Ruby, DNS, Load Balancers, Cloud, Perforce, CVS, Git, Mercurial, IP Networks, VPN, Firewalls, Kerberos
- Managed and maintained numerous corporate services to support the engineering organization and the corporate mission.
- Oversaw several integration points of the various technology platforms in Google's unique environment.
- Handled on-call and maintenance of tight SLAs to ensure worldwide and 24/7 availability of corporate infrastructure.
- Acted frequently as a nexus of information between the corporate and production networking teams and security, production, and corporate resources.