Principal Technologist2019 - PRESENTSTScI
Technologies: GitLab CI/CD, Kubernetes, Docker, DevOps, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker Compose, CI/CD Pipelines, Packer, Helm, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Jira, VMware vSphere, Automation, Open Source
- Architected and delivered automated end-to-end Kubernetes cluster provisioning and management strategy using Rancher in a vSphere environment.
- Designed, implemented, and evangelized a standardized CI/CD toolchain with GitLab CI to support unique requirements from thousands of projects with hundreds of contributors.
- Created services from FOSS projects on Kubernetes, including but not limited to MINIO, PostgreSQL, JupyterHub, and APM stacks using Prometheus and Grafana, and log aggregation and ingestion using Fluentd and Splunk.
- Operated as a liaison between software engineering and infrastructure business units within the organization. Advocated for developers’ needs while communicating logistical and technical considerations from an operations perspective.
- Embedded with dozens of software engineering teams to optimize application architectures and development workflows.
- Automated recurring responsibilities using ChatOps and GitOps frameworks like data synchronization for GitHub users, backups, machine image builds, and more.
- Architected and led the project to introduce Ubuntu into the environment while modernizing and automating infrastructure provisioning practices.
- Delivered a secure, autoscaling, accessible, and conformant solution for container development environments with GitPod on Kubernetes to meet mission-critical requirements.
DevOps Engineer2017 - 2019Leidos
Technologies: Windows PowerShell, GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, VMware vSphere, GitOps, IT Automation, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), DevOps, CI/CD Pipelines, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Jira, Automation, Open Source
- Produced PowerShell scripts to automate common administration tasks, orchestrate bulk behavior, and query for information in AD, vCenter, IPAM, and ITSM.
- Maintained automated build scripts and supported administrator consumption for virtual Windows 2008, 2012, and 2016 servers.
- Provided code review and suggested best practices to team members as secondary automation SMEs.
- Developed new processes and tools and pioneered their integration through pilot projects to demonstrate feasibility in expanding capability or improving performance in existing workflows.
- Built domain knowledge expertise in public cloud architecture and best practices.
IT Administrator2015 - 2017Exit Mortgage, LLC
Technologies: Python, IT Networking, Desktop Support, IT Administration, Automation
- Developed Python scripts to automate marketing, operational, and administrative processes.
- Formulated and documented best practices for user training in all processes involving technology.
- Oversaw acquisition, deployment, configuration, and maintenance of technology assets such as routers, switches, network printers, and personal computers.