- Researcher2012 - PRESENTHarvard University
- Envisioned, designed, and created a real-time collaborative website for an experiment on voting methods.
- Built an object-oriented shim for Meteor JS to provide some simple ORM, as well as a mechanism to easily declare transparent RPC instance methods.
- Interfaced with the Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) API.
- Optimized user experience, handling unexpected issues with MTurk behavior.
- Created a game-like artificial intelligence to fill in for missing experimental subjects.
- Developer2011 - 2012Collegefrog.com
Technologies: Python, CoffeeScript
- Implemented a JSON REST server with Django and Tastypie for AJAX queries.
- Performed agile development of sizeable client-side app based on Backbone.js.
- Moved REST server from Tastypie to custom-built solution to improve database performance.
- Handled system administration tasks on a linux-based server with a technology stack that included Django, Gunicorn, Redis, Haystack, Celery/RabbitMQ, etc.
- Implemented a socket-based, real-time server using Django and Gunicorn which included several homemade gevent classes.
- Head Developer2008 - 2010Vula Health
Technologies: Python, Pyjamas
- Created a geographic health provider search engine for medical sales forces using Google App Engine, Python, and the Google Maps API.
- Constructed an algorithm to perform fast, rough searches for nearby providers using geohashing.
- Performed cleanup, upload, and display of over 4 gigabytes of data relevant to providers while simultaneously minimizing hosting costs (pre-revenue).
- Worked on a Pyjamas project which included a Java-to-Python compiler to automate the update of Pyjamas GWT functionality.