Enterprise Cloud Architect2017 - PRESENTUniversity of Colorado Boulder
Technologies: Go, AWS, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Enterprise, DevOps, Enterprise Architecture, AWS HA, SAML, Agile, Terraform
- Owned product and served as an architect and primary engineer for a cloud broker product.
- Provided foundational cloud artifacts, including account and subscription baselines meeting appropriate compliance regimes.
- Performed cost optimization and migration planning, and consulted about re-architecturing and refactoring.
Enterprise Architect2015 - 2017University of Colorado System
Technologies: Enterprise, Enterprise Architecture, Performance, SAML, PingFederate, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Service Bus (OSB), PeopleSoft, Siebel, Oracle
- Assisted with design and architecture in early-stage Salesforce.com enterprise-wide CRM applications and strategy as well as handled integrations and data architecture.
- Significantly improved uptime and decreased undetected duplicate rate through Master Data Management architecture, upgrades, and a data quality engine replatform.
- Designed and implemented the parent access to approved student data integrating PeopleSoft, PingFederate, and social identity to pay bills, view grades, and participate in other parts of students' life.
Assistant Director of Integration Services2012 - 2015University of Colorado System
Technologies: Enterprise, Performance, SAML, Web Service Specifications, XQuery, REST, XML, SOAP, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Service Bus (OSB)
- Built a team of dedicated integration developers pursuing an integration factory approach to implement modern integration architectures in PeopleSoft and other legacy systems.
- Implemented high availability Oracle Service Bus to serve as the primary integration platform as well as the external integration gateway with hardened DMZ deployment.
- Managed Siebel UCM implementation to provide a single constituent ID and a golden record for everyone involved with the University of Colorado, including staff, faculty, students, and alumni.
Associate Director, Portal and Integration Architecture2011 - 2012University of Colorado System
Technologies: Enterprise, Performance, SAML, XMLHttpRequest, jQuery, PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (CS), PeopleSoft
- Managed upgrades of PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal and integration gateway from PeopleTools 8.4 to 8.5.1.
- Developed the integration architecture roadmap to be implemented in my next position.
- Improved the user experience on the portal sites for students, faculty, and staff by developing and deploying new features.
Director of Service Delivery and ITIL Program Manager2010 - 2011University of Colorado System
Technologies: Enterprise, Silk Test, VMware, PeopleTools, PeopleSoft, Oracle
- Implemented ITIL program and initial processes such as change management, problem, and service management, and served as the process owner for all of them.
- Managed day to day operations of PeopleTools and Oracle Database support.
- Managed performance testing and improvement efforts for PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and Portal applications including hands-on test scripting work.
Interim Assistant Vice President for Computing and Information Systems2007 - 2010University of Colorado System
Technologies: Enterprise, Visio, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel
- Consolidated two formerly separate organizations under a single structure representing nine direct reports and 80 total staff. Managed consolidation while eliminating my former position saving the University $140,000 per year.
- Maintained high customer satisfaction and SLA compliance through disruptive changes to reporting relationships and shifts of role definitions.
- Created the system's architecture committee to unify decision making and leverage expertise across infrastructure, security, development, and architecture groups.
- Managed an inherited $200,000 budget deficit without major impacts on production systems or project timelines.
Director of Operations and Infrastructure2001 - 2007University of Colorado System
Technologies: Enterprise, Performance, Solaris, Linux, Oracle
- Managed a 2,500 square foot data center from the physical plant to the database operations.
- Oversaw the upgrade of Hitachi mainframe, Sun E10K, and many other hardware platforms as the primary vendor contact, project manager, and primary budget manager.
- Achieved high availability and consistent SLA performance.