Verified Expert in Engineering
Jason is a software engineer with a master's degree from MIT focusing in computer graphics and vision. He has been employed at Lockheed Martin, PayPal, and Fitbit as a software engineer. He's worked on many freelance projects like Mole Detective (Mole Detect), WearReader, Minecraft.Print(), 3DEchosght.com, and dataTHRESH. Jason has a range of experience working with various types of tech: Android, Windows, iPhone, and computer vision.
Visual Studio, Xcode, IntelliJ
The most amazing...
...project I did was image processing for Mole Detective, an app featured on Dr. Oz.
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked on SpringMVC/Hibernate/MySQL commerce app that serves Fitbit.com/cart and customer service pages.
- Managed a large demographic information system that interfaced with Sale Force’s Exact Target.
- Wrote an iOS app to perform on-site marathon-based Fitbit sales. First of its kind in the company.
- Path finder on a new core tools team, developing internal APIs in Thrift/Finagle for Customer Service teams.
- Led the SMB development team of five engineers for the PayPal Demand Generation Organization in Boston.
- Created tools in AngularJS, SpringMVC, and Ruby on Rails to support coupon and loyalty program creation.
- Developed PayPal’s first incentive-based program in stores.
Software Engineer Intern
- Created streaming drivers for PointGrey Ladybug spherical camera in C++ using DirectDraw.
- Developed 3D animations to support the GPS III constellation program.
- Managed a portable virtual reality system (Mechdyne ROVR) for displaying stereoscopic 3D images.
Angular, Spring MVC, Hibernate, AngularJS, Spring, Knockout (Knockout.js), Ruby on Rails (RoR)
IntelliJ, Xcode, Visual Studio 2015, GitHub, Eclipse IDE, Git, Android Studio, IntelliJ IDEA, Sublime Text 3, Visual Studio
Agile Software Development, App Development
iOS, MacOS, Windows, Android, Joomla
Computer Vision, Background Threading, Multithreading, Computer Graphics, Android Wearables, Cordova, GlassFish
Master's Degree in Computer Science Computer Vision
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) - Cambridge, MA (USA)
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Iowa State University - Ames, IA (USA)