Principal Software Engineer | Tech Lead2021 - PRESENTEF Education First
Technologies: C#, Microsoft SQL Server, AWS, AWS CloudFormation, GitHub Actions, TypeScript
- Moved the team's infrastructure to a new environment AWS serverless deployment setup complete with full CI/CD capabilities driven through GitHub actions. Lowered instability surrounding releases markedly and introduced zero-downtime releases.
- Refactored microservices designed to provide flight data to multiple applications to make use of numerous third-party data providers. Implemented end-to-end automated testing in the same service.
- Headed the team in restructuring our areas of responsibility and daily work habits to enhance stewardship of our software ecosystem.
- Worked with third-party contractors and internal business owners to refine requirements for API contracts to achieve specific project goals.
- Added functionality and fixed bugs in the legacy monolith-based software product. Made alterations to that product to extract pieces of functionality into our microservices infrastructure.
Self-employed Developer2020 - 2021Self-employed
Technologies: Kotlin, TypeScript, Android, AWS, Python
- Created an Android app that allowed private pilots to use a moving map to see their current location and aviation-based weather data for flight planning purposes.
- Developed a back-end periodic service to gather the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) aviation weather data, including the meteorological terminal air reports (METARs), and compile that data into databases for later use.
- Built UI tools and processing software to pre-process Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) geo-referenced images into transformed map tiles that could be rapidly displayed to a user of the moving map software similar to Google Map tiling.
- Created software to analyze market data and run historical simulations of various programmed strategies that employed techniques, such as machine learning and basic engineered strategies.
Principal Software Engineer2010 - 2018VistaPrint
Technologies: Java, C#, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, Cisco IVR
- Created new end-to-end site functionality in our microservices environment, allowing the display and manipulation of products and user-selected customizations.
- Analyzed the working patterns of site content creators, identified methods to improve their productivity, and worked alongside my scrum team to implement said improvements.
- Led engineering teams to develop strategies for implementation in a variety of customer assistance products, including “Do It for You” and “Do It with Help” services.
- Installed and extended Jira functionality to rapidly test strategies for managing a large workforce to create graphical assets for customers.
- Solved production issues and identified strategies to prevent future occurrences. Educated the support team on troubleshooting techniques and system architecture.
- Created software for predicting call volume at the contact centers. Worked with business partners outside of the software department to assess the expected accuracy of the forecasting model.
- Acted as a facilitator and designer to bring the reporting needs of the business to the business intelligence group. Designed the technical definitions for metrics and dimensions.
- Developed and cultivated software for the Cisco IVR system, which connected customers to call center agents. Created the architectural vision for this system and developed plans for improvements to stability and functionality.
- Created a UI and re-architected the back end of our IVR system to allow non-technical call center personnel to alter call flows and create new prompts without any engineering assistance. Enabled reporting on specific user behavior within the IVR.
- Headed several projects to improve our customer service software and website presence. Worked with project managers to convert business requirements into actionable tickets. Triaged production incidents.
Senior Software Engineer2008 - 2010The Atom Group
Technologies: C#, Objective-C, MySQL
- Implemented portions of the front end of hiring.monster.com. Collaborated with a global team spread across various timezones to agree on APIs and their usage.
- Developed an iPhone application and associated back-end services for monitoring home automation.
- Contributed to the bidding process for various jobs with estimates and technical design.
Software Engineer2006 - 2008Calero Software
Technologies: C++, C#
- Performed development and maintenance of the company's main web-based product.
- Created a WiX, Windows installer for the on-premise server for the main product.
- Established and created software to interface with Cisco and other phone switches to extract call history data.
- Assisted the tech support with resolving many customer set-up and software problems.
Lead Software Engineer2003 - 2006Fujifilm e-Systems
Technologies: C++, Microsoft SQL Server, Qt
- Created Windows desktop software for viewing and editing locally stored photographs.
- Created a homegrown user interface into the online order SQL database to help business owners access sales data.
- Created a common library of Qt user interface widgets that allowed a small team to develop a new Fuji photo kiosk in a month. Assisted in refactoring the desktop software various components I worked on for this purpose.