Ruby Developer in Boston, MA, United States
Member since September 3, 2013
Jason is a full-stack Ruby on Rails developer with years of startup experience. He has dealt with a broad range of business and technical challenges and loves working on fast-moving, highly communicative teams.
Software Engineer2013 - PRESENTLevelUp
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Coffeescript
Co-founder, CTO2012 - 2013Wisr
- Designed, implemented, scaled, and maintained a high traffic Rails/jQuery application.
- Developed an interface for the app to interact with the Twitter API.
- Maintained high performance through caching, background processing (DJ), and database tuning.
- Completed over 50 A/B tests to improve user experience.
- Maintained a fully responsive site using Bootstrap.
Co-founder, CTO2011 - 2012StudyEgg
- Designed, implemented, and maintained a Rails/jQuery application.
- Built a video quiz interface using the embedded YouTube player.
- Built a cross-browser test suite using SauceLabs.
- Created and managed a team of 10+ content development interns.
- Developed an internal content creation tool for intern use.
Co-founder, CTO2010 - 2011Zendo
- Supported development of a Rails/jQuery web application.
- Built and deployed iOS and Android apps using Titanium Appcelerator.
- Configured APIs for mobile app and web app interaction.
- Integrated push notification services for iOS apps.
Market Research & Technical Analyst2009 - 2010SalesQuest
- Managed a team of two contract developers to build an internal research web app.
- Automated analyst tasks that involved web scraping and report formatting.
- Wisr (Development)
Wisr teaches subjects like Algebra, Biology, and Chemistry through messaging platforms such as Twitter, email, and text message.
- StudyEgg (Development)
StudyEgg allows educators to create and share video quizzes.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Capybara
Libraries/APIsTwitter API, jQuery
ToolsGit, Adobe Photoshop, Pivotal Tracker
StoragePostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD)
- Master's Candidate degree in Computer Science and IT Entrepreneurship2010 - 2011Brandeis University - Massachusetts
- Bachelor's degree in Anthropology & Sociology2004 - 2008Lafayette College - Pennsylvania