Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTMissionBio
Technologies: Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Jupyter, AWS HA, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), IPython, Containerization, Virtualization, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), AWS ECS, AWS ELB, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Pytest, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS EC2, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS EBS, AWS ECR, Docker, Scrum, Bash, REST APIs, DevOps, Python 3, Ubuntu, Linux, Python, Terraform, Packer, Conda, AWS S3, AWS CodeBuild, AWS, Dask, Luigi, APIs
- Created a CI/CD setup for multiple projects hosted in Bitbucket Cloud using Terraform and AWS CodeBuild.
- Created images (AMIs and Docker images) to use in both the internal infrastructure and in customer's premises using Packer.
- Automated Conda packages creation for all projects and a private Conda repository built using S3.
Back-end Engineer2018 - 2019Constructor.io
- Developed a REST API and an FTP server.
- Implemented customer data ingestion and a data pipeline.
DevOps Engineer2017 - 2018Pickaxe Foundry
Technologies: Infrastructure as Code (IaC), AWS HA, IPython, Containerization, Virtualization, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS EC2, AWS EBS, AWS ECR, Docker, Bash, DevOps, GitHub, Ubuntu, Linux, Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenVPN, Let's Encrypt, AWS Lambda, Zabbix, Ansible, AWS
- Implemented infrastructure as code, instance monitoring, networking, and automatic certificate renewal.
Software Engineer2016 - 2018GigaSpaces
Technologies: IPython, Containerization, Virtualization, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), RabbitMQ, Pytest, OpenStack, Docker, Scrum, Bash, REST APIs, Ubuntu, Linux, PostgreSQL, Flask, Python, APIs
- Helped develop the Cloudify open source cloud orchestration platform.
- Developed the REST API.
- Installed agents.
- Logged storage.
- Configured the continuous integration environment.
Software Engineer2016 - 2016IFDB
- Developed an API to be used by a mobile application.
- Built an admin site to manage the database.
- Deployed to Docker containers running in AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
Python Software Engineer2016 - 2016MakeSpace (via Toptal)
Technologies: XML, IPython, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Bash, Ubuntu, Linux, Python, Celery, Django
- Integrated third-party services into an internal software infrastructure.
- Integrated a sales CRM with Close.io.
- Provided customer support through SMS (Twilio, Intercom).
Senior Software Developer2014 - 2016NowSecure
Technologies: IPython, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), ECMAScript (ES6), SQLite, Scrum, Bash, GitHub, Ubuntu, Linux, Node.js, LeafletJS, Elasticsearch, D3.js, PyGTK, Python
- Contributed to the development of the NowSecure Forensics product.
- Developed the GUI.
- Created data visualizations.
- Built data indexing and search features.
QA Automation Engineer2009 - 2014Canonical
Technologies: IPython, Virtualization, Jenkins, Bash, Linux, Ubuntu, Python
- Helped enhance the quality of an Ubuntu Linux distribution.
- Automated test cases for hardware and software verification.
- Integrated third-party test suites.
- Developed tools to ease the installation, customization, and distribution of test packages.
Associate Professor2008 - 2009Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
Technologies: Critical Systems, P2P, Distributed Systems
- Taught coursework in distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, and critical systems construction.
Senior SW Test Designer Engineer2007 - 2009Ericsson
Technologies: Bash, Linux, Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), Python
- Focused on quality assurance of the Service Aware Support Node (SASN) solution for DPI (Deep Packet Inspection).
- Created, validated, and implemented test plans with special emphasis on automation.
- Developed internal test tools to keep the test environment up-to-date according to group needs.
Software Developer2004 - 2007Motorola
Technologies: Bash, Linux, Multimedia, Diameter, Python, C
- Actively involved in PTT (Push to talk), IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem), and IPTV set-top box solutions.
- Developed a complete Diameter protocol stack using C and a testing library written in Python. The stack was used in PTT prepaid charging and in several interfaces in IMS, and the library was used by the testing team.
- Co-published a U.S. patent entitled "Variable charging assignment for multiservice environments" as a result of this work.
Database Engineer2003 - 2004Endesa
Technologies: Microsoft Excel
- Collected billing data from a proprietary database, loaded it in MS Excel, and checked that the balance was correct.
Testing Engineer2002 - 2003Vodafone
Technologies: Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS)
- Created, revised, validated, and updated test cases for the acceptance of mobile phones with particular focus in MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service).
Telematics Department Intern1999 - 2000Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
- Developed a protocol analyzer in C++ using low-level driver developed internally at the university.
- Worked with the help desk in the lab rooms.