Senior Application Delivery Lead2014 - PRESENTActiveHealth Management
Technologies: Oracle, Crystal Reports, People Management, IT Project Management, Software Design, Business Intelligence (BI), Data Analytics, PL/SQL, SQL
- Guided Scrum team development efforts and ensured the successful and timely delivery of projects for the provider care management function.
- Provided design and development deliverables to support project delivery.
- Developed data aggregation and reporting application components using PL/SQL.
- Tuned and improved application performance for reporting on a 40+TB data warehouse.
- Worked with key business personnel to gather requirements and define the direction of enterprise reporting for the organization.
- Managed the output of a team comprised of 6 – 8 developers.
Manager, Business Intelligence Operations2013 - 2014Genuine Parts Company
Technologies: PL/SQL, Oracle Exadata, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence (BI), Technical Hiring, IT Project Management, People Management
- Developed a roadmap for the group that defined team structure, technical scope, roles, and responsibilities, along with core standard operating procedures.
- Organized capabilities-based teams to provide support and maintenance for the reporting, data integration, and data warehousing layers of the EDW platform.
- Defined key success metrics for the group to measure the stability, quality, and performance of information and services provided.
- Built close relationships with leaders across the organization in order to understand their key informational needs and how these could improve business performance.
- Directed the successful delivery of multiple small-scale business intelligence initiatives in support of larger operational improvements.
- Managed team of 12 developers, analysts, and administrators.
Manager, Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse Applications2006 - 2012Novartis
Technologies: Crystal Reports, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle
- Worked closely with senior executives to set technical strategy in the areas of performance management and sales force automation.
- Successfully managed a SAP BusinessObjects XiR3 business intelligence transformation project, resulting in the creation of a common platform with standardized reporting for sales, marketing, and finance.
- Directed the implementation of SAP Business Warehouse 7.0 for the North American business unit, sourcing data from the SD modules in SAP R/3.
- Coordinated activities of offshore development team personnel during large-scale projects.
- Managed the ongoing support of an Oracle custom data warehouse, which sourced data from multiple internal and external systems and aggregated several subject-level data marts feeding canned and ad-hoc reporting. Sources included SAP R/3 and Siebel.
- Managed a team of seven business analysts and application developers during new projects and ongoing support.
Co-founder and Lead Developer2001 - 2009ScrapbookThis.com
Technologies: HTML, Apache, Linux, MySQL, PHP
- Designed and developed a complete custom eCommerce platform for a craft supply retailer, with shopping cart functionality, credit card payment processing, inventory management, and catalog management functions.
- Implemented dynamic front-end shopping cart functionality to present and categorize thousands of products to site visitors.
- Advertised the business to customer list through regular email blasts.
Consultant1997 - 2004Accenture
Technologies: COBOL, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Reports, Oracle Forms, Oracle
- Designed and developed custom, mission-critical apps for state and local government clients. The main solution was built on a three-tier architecture with Oracle Developer Suite, Oracle Internet Application Server, and an Oracle database all on UNIX.
- Designed technical environments, including infrastructure and application architecture.
- Planned tasks and managed workload for a team of database administrators and developers.
- Performed complex data conversions from legacy platforms to the new solution.
- Monitored and tuned the application databases during all project phases.
- Worked with key client personnel to collect and document high-level requirements for data warehouse and decision support functional areas.