Data Engineer/Full-stack Developer2015 - PRESENTApption
- Supported and customized a Python-based data publish platform based on Flask, loading/cleansing seed data. Using Docker in Azure cloud.
- Created a financial workflow system SPA application with J2EE/Groovy/Grails as back end and Vue as front end (prototype with React), mainly responsible for the data extraction/transformation component.(2 yrs).
- Supported an NLP pilot project for the government using the Python data science stack.
- Developed a specific eCommerce data analytics application using Hadoop Bigdata technology, machine learning/AI, and Python data science stack.
- Supported and improved a J2EE-based data monitoring system for auditing the legal Peri-Mutuel betting industry.
- Evaluated a shipping API upgrade plan to REST based solution. Created a main sample application for a crown corporation client , along with multiple prototypes for evaluating different technologies including GraphQL, WSDL(XML based）.
Senior Java Consultant2015 - 2015Statistics Canada
Technologies: Java, Web Service, jQuery, Perl
- Analyzed a data presentation web application from the front end to the back end to determine the bottleneck and provided the solution.
- Created some front end UI as data presentation layer using library such as D3JS , and some JQuery extensions like JSTree, Datatable, etc.
Software Developer2014 - 2015Ajile Light Industry
Technologies: C, C++, USB3, Python, PCL, OpenCV, Image Processing
- Supported the development of an image capturing and machine vision product with high data throughput.
- Developed a firmware command interpreter that can load bitstreams designed by an FPGA developer.
- Designed and implemented the communication protocol between the PC and the FPGA board.
- Developed a PC side application that sends commands and data to the board and also as a point cloud viewer and analysis tool.
- Implemented the boot loader with different conditions.
J2EE/Grails Consultant2013 - 2013Contact North
Technologies: J2EE, Grails, Groovy, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Created an online course booking system based on Grails/Spring MVC from scratch and designed the workflows.
- Created a user management system using Spring Security and integrated the user management system into the online course booking system.
- Designed the data models for both systems.
- Implemented the UI with Bootstrap/jQuery.
Web Application/Java/Database Consultant2010 - 2011bitHeads, inc.
Technologies: J2EE, Amazon cloud, Scala, Play, JSF, Spring, Hibernate, JPA, JUnit
- Designed the architecture and created the initial application framework for a mobile application portal.
- Created the first function unit from the presentation layer to the persistence layer.
- Created the service client for retrieving data from a service endpoint for a telecommunication portal using Scala/Play framework.
- Developed a test suite for a game application using Python and Amazon EC2 platform.
Java Consultant2009 - 2010Canada Border Services Agency
- Designed and rewrote a property management system that unifies both the rich client (mainly Swing) and server-side applications with Spring framework for a high volume/high availability government project.
- Optimized and refactored DAO structure for the persistence layer (data access layer).
- Created unit tests for added functions.
- Created a job scheduler task that processes different XML-based messages to/from the application.
PWGSC2007 - 2008Web/Java/Database Consultant
Technologies: J2EE, Spring, JSF, Hibernate, Oracle, SQL
- Developed a workflow system using J2EE/Spring technology for the government.
- Created a JUnit test for the application.
Senior Software Developer1998 - 20073M/AiT
Technologies: Java, C, C++, Perl, Python, Image processing, Biometrics, PKI/Crytocraphy, RFID
- Designed and implemented various ID management and security systems for different government clients using image processing, OCR, RFID, PKI, and biometrics technology.
- Incorporated a neural network OCR engine into existing image recognition software to enhance the performance.