Lead Software Developer2015 - PRESENTPrepareLink, LLC
- Designed and developed an ASP.NET MVC 5 front-end web app and API back ends for Oracle and SQL Server for the DBA tool, SchemaTrack. This tool keeps IT projects in front of planned, deployed, and historic database changes across IT initiatives.
- Designed and developed the public-facing website, SchemaTrack.com, to market and distribute SchemaTrack software.
Database Administrator | Developer2017 - 2018Orion Governance (Hayward, California)
Technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, IBM DB2, Java
- Wrote APIs (stored procedures) for Oracle, SQL Server, and IBM DB2 to identify and create index filters used to access structured data in IT data centers.
- Integrated APIs into Orion’s Meta Warehouse tool, a solution to manage sensitive data for organizations preparing for GDPR compliance.
- Converted Orion's warehouse filter routines (above) from stored procedures to a Java string and array search architecture to avoid the need to have database accounts created for the warehouse tool.
- Migrated the above-mentioned APIs into a Java JAR solution to fit into the Orion Governance’s GDPR Linux appliance.
Database Administrator2013 - 2015Kaiser Permanente (Walnut Creek, California)
Technologies: Oracle and SQL Server
- Served as a DBA for SQL Server databases supporting Kaiser’s network services applications: HP Network Automation (HPNA), video telepresence, and network usage/performance data warehouses.
- Developed database monitoring scripts and database mirroring for primary/standby high availability.
- Built Kaiser’s custom HPOO locations database including data loads and API for the HPNA front-end application.
- Acted as a DBA for an Oracle 11G RAC database on a two-node Linux platform to support HPNA. Kaiser's separate DBA group completed the RAC setup.
- Composed scripts for database builds including physical standby for development, product, and disaster recovery (DR) environments using Oracle RAC 11g.
- Served as a DBA for Oracle 11g for a Windows front end to VcWizard, Kaiser’s VIDEO conference scheduling application.
- Created a physical Oracle standby for high availability and provided production support.
Staff Software Engineer2012 - 2013Epicor Software (Dublin, California)
- Served as an Oracle DBA and lead programmer for Epicor’s warehouse-management-system products in the auto-parts aftermarket supply chain industry.
- Provided DBA support on 12 Oracle 10g and 11g instances on a clustered Linux platform with a data volume of 15TB.
- Created PL/SQL and SQL programs for nightly scrubs, builds, and publishing of member inventory and sales uploads to data warehouse fact tables.
- Developed stored procedures to support a front-end ASP.NET web application for Epicor's auto-parts retail store application.
- Acted as a technical lead for Epicor’s offshore (India) ASP.NET development team.
Programmer | Oracle DBA2010 - 2012Kaiser Permanente (Pleasanton, California)
Technologies: Oracle, Visual Basic for Applications
- Produced a requirements analysis and definition for the implementation of a Sarbanes-Oxley database hardening to Kaiser's professional profile liability (PPL) system.
- Served as an Oracle DBA and implemented programming development and support to bring PPL and the research management system (RMS) into SOX compliance.
- Developed a source coded generation job to dynamically code and create on-insert, on-delete, and on-update triggers for Kaiser's PPL and RMS Oracle primary tables and log tables.
Technical Manager | Project Manager2008 - 2009Cognizant Technologies, Inc. (San Ramon, California)
- Served as a senior Oracle DBA and project manager for Cognizant's database hardening project at Washington Mutual Bank.
- Implemented database hardening for 20 Oracle development, test, and production environments.
- Stabilized and automated migration of 80 production, development, and QA Oracle databases to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance.
- Provided SOX compliance planning and documentation in support of stabilizing a database-hardening project with the client.
- Turned around the under-performing project and achieved completion after two previous Cognizant consulting teams had failed.
Oracle DBA2005 - 2008Mervyn's, LLC (Hayward, California)
- Served as an Oracle DBA and member of the systems architecture team at Mervyn's, a large retail company.
- Implemented and managed Oracle databases in AIX and Windows environments.
- Trained and supervised junior DBAs.
- Successfully installed 28 development, test, and production Oracle 9i instances.
- Configured databases to support multiple retail applications for planning, allocation, logistics, workforce management, and knowledge management.
- Designed and implemented central pricing management data warehouse in Oracle 10g environment.
- Brought Oracle expertise to this new IT organization following its separation from Target, Inc.
- Provided all database development and support related to retail packaged applications.
- Developed a fraud-and-recovery client-server application for Microsoft Access and the SQL Server solution.
Senior Oracle DBA2004 - 2005John Muir | Mt. Diablo Health Systems (Walnut Creek, California)
- Served as an Oracle DBA and developer for the implementation of Facets claims management systems for a healthcare organization.
- Acted as the technical lead for Facets sequel performance tuning project.
- Installed Oracle 9i, created all Oracle instances, and migrated the data for development, test, and production databases.
- Developed custom hot-backup scripts (before RMAN) for the production of the Facets database.
- Created an Oracle standby for the back-end of the Facets reporting system.
Oracle DBA | Team Lead1997 - 2004Concert Global Communications (San Jose, California)
- Developed all ERDs and Oracle database environments in support of Orion's order entry, order fulfillment, and network profile systems.
- Acted as the DBA team lead of a small group of Oracle DBAs in support of Orion.
- Provided DBA support for 24 Oracle instances on Solaris/Unix machines.
- Carried out 16 quarterly upgrades with a 100% on-time delivery.
- Developed an enterprise application integration (EAI) to support the API integration with the ordering systems.
Oracle Financials DBA1996 - 1997Zitel Corporation (Fremont, California)
- Performed the DBA installation and implementation of Oracle applications.
- Carried out performance tuning and capacity preparation.
- Installed Oracle Smart Client modules.
- Served as the DBA lead for a small team of junior DBAs as Zitel was brand new to Oracle technologies.
- Helped to deploy and implement full financial and manufacturing modules in Oracle Smart Client.
Principal Consultant1992 - 1996Oracle Corporation (Redwood Shores, California)
- Carried out Oracle programming, installation, support, and database administration for federal and state government projects.
- Installed and customized Oracle application project accounting for Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory to replace the legacy engineering maintenance accounting systems.
- Led the project of the development of the custom accounting report.
- Consulted on the Oracle Designer/2000 toolset.
- Established CASE v5.1 development environment for Unisys Corporation.
- Reverse-engineered the Medicaid information system and created an Oracle warehouse application.
- Created reports and forms using Oracle toolset.
- Programmed and developed transaction processing applications for the US Postal Service eCommerce and digital signature applications.
- Developed migration programs to convert and distribute mainframe tables to the new Oracle databases at the US Postal Service.