Full-stack Developer2021 - PRESENTHaven Tech
- Integrated a message queue system to an administration portal to notify application status updates.
- Delivered new features to the agent portal where insurance agents can buy or manage insurance policies.
- Supported customized landing pages for insurance agencies.
- Added a mock service to decouple and simplify the data flow in the local environment and reduced the waiting time from 30 seconds to less than ten seconds.
Stride Software Consultant2021 - 2021Spotify
- Replatformed an existing legacy Rails 3 monolith web application to the modern version using Node.js, React, TypeScript, and GraphQL.
- Implemented the website's new design using React and SCSS.
- Converted existing Ruby on Rails web pages to React and Next.js web pages.
Stride Software Consultant2020 - 2020Vindex
- Built a customer-facing Windows desktop application using C# and WPF where users can log in and play games using either their own account or a Vindex licensed account.
- Created a customer-facing web application where users can make reservations online and participate in ongoing game tournaments with React.
- Developed an administration web application where admins and staff can manage reservations using React.
- Assisted in system design and architecture work for AWS and Terraform. Designed and built a REST API using Node.js and Hapi.js.
- Participated scoping the MVP and delivered an MVP within the deadline.
Stride Software Consultant2019 - 2020Blue Apron
- Implemented a design system in Storybook to mitigate inconsistencies on the website and reduce design debt.
- Updated React to 16.8 and fixed pipeline issues encountered while upgrading.
- Refactored and added unit tests to ensure the code met quality standards.
Stride Software Consultant2019 - 2019IBM
- Assisted the client in rebuilding a new team from the ground up and scope their MVP.
- Built an internal administration tool for IBM users to create outage alerts for core tools. These notify its users through IBM's intranet website using Node.js and Vue.
- Implemented dark mode and improved web accessibility of the intranet website.
- Introduced E2E testing using the WebdriverIO framework.
Stride Software Consultant2018 - 2019Codecademy
- Added a feature that helps users pause their subscription for a given period of time to reduce the turnover rate.
- Addressed various technical debts to make the existing React components reusable.
- Added A/B testing to the subscription pause feature to minimize risk and increase user engagement.
- Implemented and published the Ruby on Rails gem to authenticate with a LinkedIn account.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2018FragranceX.com
- Implemented a perfume subscription service on the ASP.NET website, which led to the gain of over 3,000 subscribers in the first month.
- Developed a customer relationship management (CRM) and shipping management Windows desktop application using C# and WPF.
- Built an automated refund system with C# for returned orders.