Tech lead2017 - PRESENTGoCardless
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Acted as the technology lead for a banking integrations team, scaled number of scheme offerings from three to eight.
- Oversaw the technological direction within the team and gave significant input to other expansive group and department initiatives.
- Scraping online banking and PDFs to provide data feeds that banks could not pragmatically provide.
Associate (Technology)2015 - 2017Goldman Sachs
Technologies: Dropwizard, Sybase, Oracle, Spring, Java
- Uplifted the legacy technology stack for initial public offerings.
- Worked as a core member of the team, growing to own the integration with private wealth management.
- Deployed using RESTful microservices connected with JMS queues.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2015GulfTalent
Technologies: AngularJS, Bootstrap, CSS3, HTML5, Symfony 2, PHP
- Innovated a Symfony 2 split-testing framework in combination with Nginx as a reverse proxy.
- Identified critical vulnerabilities and patched them to prevent exploitation.
- Contributed heavily to site-wide redesign using HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, and AngularJS.
- Coached and reviewed code for junior members of the team, including face-to-face in Dubai.
- Introduced PHPUnit and Behat tests, including continuous integration support (Jenkins).
Software Engineer2012 - 2013Arista Networks
Technologies: C++, Django, Python
- Worked as the lead maintainer for a project managing the inventory of all automatically testable hardware.
- Wrote a web-based interface for displaying automatic test run data.
- Participated in peer code reviews, encouraging readable and efficient code.
Founder2006 - 2012MyCoHost
Technologies: Web Host Manager (WHM), cPanel, Linux Administration, Python, PHP
- Provided cloud service management to clients who required their own website infrastructure.
- Managed new client acquisitions, billing, support, and accounting.
- Leased hardware directly from upstream providers such as Rackspace, SoftLayer, and Layered Tech.
PHP Developer2011 - 2011Clear Books
Technologies: Zend Framework, PHP
- Created a web-based Scrum management tool (similar to Jira or Scrumwise).
- Collaborated with other developers to help debug and fix their code.
PHP Developer2010 - 2010Prijskiezer.nl
- Identified a major bottleneck in the MySQL-based search engine; migrated to use the Sphinx search engine instead.
- Implemented caching using Memcached which reduced computation time by over 90%.
PHP Developer2009 - 2009Kleren.com
- Implemented new features despite a partially closed-source codebase.
- Fixed vulnerabilities identified by a penetration testing company.
- Installed Nginx as a reverse-proxy to improve peak-time performance throughput.