Objective-C Developer in San Francisco, CA, United States
Software Engineer2013 - PRESENT
Technologies: Objective-C, iOS
- Developed key portions of an app that has many millions of users and is ranked #20 on the iTunes chart.
- Wrote Objective-C code to display web search results in native iOS views, resulting in a vastly improved user experience over traditional webviews.
- Coded pixel-perfect user interfaces for every model of iPhone and iPad.
- Wrote smooth and detailed view animations to provide a pleasing user experience.
- Reviewed and approved Objective-C code written by other developers.
- Coded unit tests on various key Objective-C classes to improve reliability.
- Mentored new team members.
Principal Software Engineer2012 - 2013Western Digital
Technologies: Objective-C, iOS
- Key contributor to the WD Photos and WD My Cloud iOS apps, from user interface to back-end.
- Fixed numerous bugs that existed in the apps before I joined the team.
- Improved reliability of the communication between the apps and the cloud back-end.
- Wrote a unique and innovative core animation for a pop-up menu.
- Utilized core data to reliably store and synchronize a user's photos and documents.
- Coded beautiful user interfaces to render perfectly on any iOS device.
Software Engineer2011 - 2013Pano Logic
Technologies: Windows Device Drivers, C++
- Developed a Microsoft Windows device driver to support the Pano Logic "Zero Client."
- Wrote a system test utility in C++ for Microsoft Windows to sniff, categorize, and display all network traffic to a client device.
Freelancer2001 - 2011Fall Creek Systems
Technologies: C++, Windows
- As a contractor to Chevron, developed a Windows program to analyze crude oil distillation data. The program is used at Chevron refineries world-wide.
- As a contractor to Visa International, worked on real-time data processing on a microcomputer connected to the Visa network.
- As a freelancer to Interactive Network, coded data communication and network modules to support real-time television game play.
- Google Search for iOS (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-search/id284815942
The best of Google in one app. Say “Ok Google” and find everything from nearby restaurants to the calories in cheesecake. Google also shows you the info you need before you ask, like updates on your favorite teams and traffic alerts.
- Google My Business for iOS (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-my-business/id853371601
Google My Business connects you directly with customers, whether they're looking for you on Search, Maps, or Google+.
- WD My Cloud (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wd-my-cloud/id450655672
WD My Cloud app allows you to view photos, watch videos, stream music, and access documents from your WD personal cloud, cloud services and your My Passport Wireless. This simple-to-use app lets you free up space on your mobile devices with direct photo and video uploads and transfer files between all your cloud storage solutions. And now it’s easier than ever to find that perfect photo, video, or music play list with a dedicated tab search. It makes finding a specific file so much faster.
- WD Photos (Development)
Turn your iOS™ device into the ultimate photo album. View all the photos stored on your WD TV® Live Hub™ media center, My Net™ N900 Central HD dual-band storage router, My Book® Live™ or My Book Live Duo personal cloud, My Net™ N900 Central HD dual-band storage router, My Book® Live™ or My Book Live Duo personal cloud storage with your iPad®, iPhone®, or iPod touch®. Or, take a photo or video and upload it from your camera roll directly to your compatible WD device.
LanguagesC, Objective-C, C++
FrameworksCore Data, Core Foundation, Core Text
Libraries/APIsGoogle Maps SDK, Core Graphics
OtherUI Kit, Photography
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering1979 - 1980Stanford University - California
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering1975 - 1979Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology - Indiana