Software Engineer and Developer
Jaydeep is a seasoned engineer with over a decade of experience. He brings strong leadership to fast-moving startup environments and has in-depth knowledge of the full software product lifecycle. Jaydeep delivered a powerful cloud-native, 3D application with distributed systems for the architecture, engineering, construction, and manufacturing industries. He excels in distributed systems, 3D design authoring systems, generative design, and 3D proprietary data Interop.
ExperienceC++ - 12 yearsBuilding Information Modeling (BIM) - 10 yearsACIS - 6 yearsAmazon Web Services (AWS) - 5 yearsKubernetes - 5 yearsGoogle Cloud Platform (GCP) - 5 yearsPython - 4 yearsParallel Computing - 4 years
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Serverless Framework, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
The most amazing...
...cloud-native, 3D application development I delivered had distributed systems for the architecture, engineering, construction, and manufacturing industries.
Principal Engineer/Engineering Manager
- Architected a design automation platfrom for end-to-end management of 3D building information modeling data.
- Collaborated with product leadership to partner with stakeholders ranging from real estate, architecture, interior design, construction, to building operations.
- Implemented a rules engine for evaluation of design rules on 2D floor plans and 3D interior design models.
Flux Factory, Inc.
- Built a scalable, cloud-native geometry kernel as a service. Designed a JSON schema for every geometry type and kernel operation for geometry as a service.
- Built a scan to a BIM geometry processing pipeline to convert a LiDAR scan and 360-degree images into detailed BIM, floor plans, and and immersive photo walkthrough. Utilized point cloud filtering, classification, and tagging using machine learning.
- Led a team of five engineers to release the MVP in six months.
Staff Software Engineer
Trimble Navigation, Ltd. - SketchUp
- Acted as lead developer to enable IFC support on SketchUp by updating the core geometry kernel and data model.
- Served as lead developer for enabling extensibility of the layout by updating the object model and wrapping the application in a C API.
- Served as lead developer for porting SketchUp from a desktop-based authoring tool to cloud-native browser-based product.
Senior Software Engineer
- Acted as lead developer on AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD MEP. Implemented design authoring features such as duct routing, parallel pipe routing, and auto part selection.
- Replaced the geometry kernel on an enterprise application with a 200,000 user base.
- Led a project to develop a geometry Interop framework to enable cross-product workflow between authoring and simulation tools producing and consuming data in different open and proprietary file formats.
Scan to BIM Platform
Building Information Modeling (BIM), Parallel Computing, REST, Distributed Computing
3D InterOp, Big Data, Parasolid, 3D Printing, 3D CAD, Computer-aided Manufacturing (CAM), Distributed Systems, Generative Design
Unity3D, Serverless Framework
Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
OpenGL, PCL, OpenCV
Master of Science Degree in Computer Science
Illinois Institute Of Technology - Chicago, USA
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Sardar Patel University - India