Principal Engineer/Engineering Manager2019 - 2020WeWork
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Building Information Modeling (BIM), Kubernetes, AWS, Python, C++
- Architected a design automation platfrom for end-to-end management of 3D building information modeling data.
- Collaborated with product leadership to partner with stakeholders ranging from real estate, architecture, interior design, construction, to building operations.
- Implemented a rules engine for evaluation of design rules on 2D floor plans and 3D interior design models.
Principal Engineer2015 - 2019Flux Factory, Inc.
- Built a scalable, cloud-native geometry kernel as a service. Designed a JSON schema for every geometry type and kernel operation for geometry as a service.
- Built a scan to a BIM geometry processing pipeline to convert a LiDAR scan and 360-degree images into detailed BIM, floor plans, and and immersive photo walkthrough. Utilized point cloud filtering, classification, and tagging using machine learning.
- Led a team of five engineers to release the MVP in six months.
Staff Software Engineer2012 - 2014Trimble Navigation, Ltd. - SketchUp
Technologies: C#, Ruby, C, C++
- Acted as lead developer to enable IFC support on SketchUp by updating the core geometry kernel and data model.
- Served as lead developer for enabling extensibility of the layout by updating the object model and wrapping the application in a C API.
- Served as lead developer for porting SketchUp from a desktop-based authoring tool to cloud-native browser-based product.
Senior Software Engineer2006 - 2012Autodesk
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, C#, C++
- Acted as lead developer on AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD MEP. Implemented design authoring features such as duct routing, parallel pipe routing, and auto part selection.
- Replaced the geometry kernel on an enterprise application with a 200,000 user base.
- Led a project to develop a geometry Interop framework to enable cross-product workflow between authoring and simulation tools producing and consuming data in different open and proprietary file formats.