Django/Python Web Developer | AWS Architect2020 - PRESENTSunlytix (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Django, React
- Created a new Django back end for a white-label product.
- Architected the deployment to AWS at a fraction of the current AWS bill.
- Assisted with React development.
- Represented the company's technical team in meetings with external stakeholders.
- Designed and implemented an API for clients and clients' clients (end users).
Plugin Developer2019 - PRESENTCoviu
- Created a plugin for speech pathologists to more easily evaluate a child's language fundamentals.
Research Director2018 - PRESENTDatascout International
Technologies: Django, React
- Developed the back-end platform, which has been in production use since our first client and provides a REST API for the front-end developers.
Technical Co-founder2017 - PRESENTFlatmate.com
Technologies: PHP, Backbone.js
- Migrated the server to a cheaper host to save 95% of hosting costs.
- Added features such as connecting to Facebook.
- Hosted the software as a service (SaaS) such that users can access the application over the web.
- Revised the Stripe integration for dynamic pricing.
- Developed the marketplace for renting rooms and flats.
DevOps | Product Manager | Sales | Algorithms2012 - 2020SkedGo
Technologies: Data Scraping, Web Scraping, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Pipedrive API, Java, AWS, Ansible
- Led the IT team to acquire PCI and GDPR compliance.
- Migrated the infrastructure twice to save 55% + 40% in hosting costs.
- Led the submissions for the company's first two government clients.
- Sped up end-to-end response times by 25% by updating algorithms.
- Worked with the SkedGo and client teams to convert interactive mockups to a React front end.
IT Contractor2019 - 2019NSW Department of Finance, Services, and Innovation
Technologies: AWS Lambda, Node.js
- Synchronized data sets from other portals to the site Data.nsw.gov.au.
- Fixed issues with the new data.nsw.gov.au interface specific to IE11 and legacy browsers.
Senior Web Developer2018 - 2019Alliance Software
Technologies: Django, React
- Improved internal tools used by the project management team.
- Created a proof of concept for a progressive web app for a client and implemented back-end functions, website security, and AWS integration for the final deliverable.
- Developed a web app and implemented the theme for the end-users' interface while matching the client's style guide and current website.
- Constructed an asset tracking and project management system with support for multiple types of stakeholders.
Web Developer2016 - 2019UNSW School of Mathematics and Statistics
Technologies: Bootstrap, MongoDB, Flask
- Developed a web portal for managing lab machines.
Founder | CIO | CTO2013 - 2019Finderful.com
Technologies: Java, React
- Wrote algorithms to identify the best property for the user across a city.
- Created a web interface for users to use the algorithm.
- Used machine learning to predict rental yield for individual properties.
- Marketed the product primarily through SEO best practices.
- Added price trend charts, allowing users to specify the features of properties more accurately than competitors.
- Hosted types of software as a service (SaaS) such that users can access the applications over the web.
- Created visualizations (charts and maps) to debug the algorithms.
Volunteer Web Developer2017 - 2018Humanitix
Technologies: wkhtmltopdf, Azure, Node.js, React
- Deployed an Azure function to convert HTML to PDF.
- Squashed bugs on the new organizer interface.
Technical Co-founder2017 - 2017HD Tutor
Technologies: Data Scraping, Web Scraping, ECMAScript (ES6), Python 3, React, Django
- Developed an MVP for a student-tutor matching platform.
- Scraped course results using python to find the best tutors for a course.
- Developed technical skills: Python3, Django, Django-rest-framework, React, ES6.
Web Developer2017 - 2017BadgerMe
Technologies: MongoDB, Node.js, React
- Migrated the system from placing calls with Asterisk to Twilio.
- Rebuilt staging and production environments to be separate-but-equal.
Embedded Systems Administrator2012 - 2016Marathon Robotics
Technologies: Bash, Python, C++, Debian
- Built a wireless deployment system for robots, base stations, and laptops.
- Developed low-level drivers to interface with various hardware, including ANT+ devices.
Interim CTO2015 - 2015SoundNinja
Technologies: Data Scraping, Web Scraping, Heroku, Django, jQuery, Chrome Extensions
- Converted a Chrome extension to a script that can be added to any website.
- Developed a back-office interface for website administrators to configure SoundNinja for their site.
- Developed and built a REST API for the back-office interface.
Hardware Verification Engineer2002 - 2007IBM
Technologies: CVS, SCCS, C++, z/Architecture
- Wrote C++ code to perform tests on hardware logic designs at the bit level.
- Composed C++ code to perform tests on hardware logic designs and microcode at the architecture level.
- Managed hardware assets for a team of about 100 people.