Plugin Developer2019 - PRESENTCoviu
- Created a plugin for speech pathologists to more easily evaluate a child's language fundamentals.
Research Director2018 - PRESENTDatascout International
Technologies: React, Django
- Developed the back-end platform, which has been in production use since our first client and provides a REST API for the front-end developers.
Technical Co-founder2017 - PRESENTFlatmate.com
Technologies: Backbone.js, PHP
- Migrated the server to a cheaper host to save 95% of hosting costs.
- Added features such as connecting to Facebook.
- Hosted the software as a service (SaaS) such that users can access the application over the web.
- Revised the Stripe integration for dynamic pricing.
- Developed the marketplace for renting rooms and flats.
IT Contractor2019 - 2019NSW Department of Finance, Services, and Innovation
Technologies: Node.js, AWS Lambda
- Synchronized data sets from other portals to the site Data.nsw.gov.au.
- Fixed issues with the new data.nsw.gov.au interface specific to IE11 and legacy browsers.
Senior Web Developer2018 - 2019Alliance Software
Technologies: React, Django
- Improved internal tools used by the project management team.
- Created a proof of concept for a progressive web app for a client and implemented back-end functions, website security, and AWS integration for the final deliverable.
- Developed a web app and implemented the theme for the end-users' interface while matching the client's style guide and current website.
- Constructed an asset tracking and project management system with support for multiple types of stakeholders.
Web Developer2016 - 2019UNSW School of Mathematics and Statistics
Technologies: Flask, MongoDB, Bootstrap
- Developed a web portal for managing lab machines.
Founder | CIO | CTO2013 - 2019Finderful.com
Technologies: React, Java
- Wrote algorithms to identify the best property for the user across a city.
- Created a web interface for users to use the algorithm.
- Used machine learning to predict rental yield for individual properties.
- Marketed primarily through SEO.
- Added price trend charts, allowing users to specify the features of properties more accurately than competitors.
- Hosted types of software as a service (SaaS) such that users can access the applications over the web.
- Created visualizations (charts and maps) to debug the algorithms.
Volunteer Web Developer2017 - 2018Humanitix
Technologies: React, Node.js, Azure, wkhtmltopdf
- Deployed an Azure function to convert HTML to PDF.
- Squashed bugs on the new organizer interface.
DevOps | Product Manager | Sales | Algorithms2012 - 2018SkedGo
Technologies: Ansible, AWS, Java, Pipedrive
- Led the IT team to acquire PCI and GDPR compliance.
- Migrated the infrastructure twice to save 55% + 40% in hosting costs.
- Led the submissions for the company's first two government clients.
- Sped up end-to-end response times by 25% by updating algorithms.
- Worked with the SkedGo and client teams to convert interactive mockups to a React frontend.
Technical Co-founder2017 - 2017HD Tutor
Technologies: Django, React
- Developed an MVP for a student-tutor matching platform.
Web Developer2017 - 2017BadgerMe
Technologies: React, Node.js, MongoDB
- Migrated the system from placing calls with Asterisk to Twilio.
- Rebuilt staging and production environments to be separate-but-equal.
Embedded Systems Administrator2012 - 2016Marathon Robotics
Technologies: Debian, C++, Python, Bash
- Built a wireless deployment system for robots, base stations, and laptops.
- Developed low-level drivers to interface with various hardware, including ANT+ devices.
Interim CTO2015 - 2015SoundNinja
Technologies: Chrome Extension, jQuery, Django, Heroku
- Converted a Chrome extension to a script that can be added to any website.
- Developed a back-office interface for website administrators to configure SoundNinja for their site.
- Built a REST API for the back-office interface.
Hardware Verification Engineer2002 - 2007IBM
Technologies: z/Architecture, C++, SCCS, CVS
- Wrote C++ code to perform tests on hardware logic designs at the bit level.
- Composed C++ code to perform tests on hardware logic designs and microcode at the architecture level.
- Managed hardware assets for a team of about 100 people.