Senior Node.js Developer2015 - PRESENTConsultant
Technologies: AWS, Node.js, React.js
- Developed serverless applications using AWS Lambda.
- Developed and deployed front-end SPAs using React.js.
- Created a reusable serverless platform for rapid full scale deployment and iteration.
Lead Engineer2014 - 2015Tenvia
Technologies: Node.js, React.js, Flux, MongoDB, LevelDB
- Led a small team of developers.
- Developed applications with fast, reliable back-ends using Node.js, React.js, and several NoSQL databases.
- Worked on full-stack development using Node.js, React.js, LevelDB, MongoDB, and various Linux technologies.
Lead Web Developer2012 - 2014Brenntag
Technologies: Ubuntu, Nginx, Unicorn, Capistrano, RoR, PostgreSQL, Coffee, SCSS
- Managed projects and multi-disciplined teams for data management, commercial reporting, purchasing, planning, and sales applications.
- Bridged multiple legacy systems and developed modules for faster deployment cycles.
- Developed a commercial planning application dependent upon multiple commercial, internal, and market parameters in order to streamline the purchasing process.
Engineer2010 - 2011DeMiCasa
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Ubuntu, Nginx, Unicorn, Capistrano, PostgreSQL, Coffee, SCSS
- Designed, developed, and deployed a tailor made web-based CRM system using Ruby on Rails.
- Implemented data management systems for accurate reporting and business flow improvement.
- Developed and unit tested a benchmarking system across multiple functional areas of the food safety chain.
Graduate Research Assistant2008 - 2009Purdue University
Technologies: PHP, WordPress, CSS
- Worked on Purdue’s Engineer of 2020 initiative developing innovation theory models.
- Performed research at the intersection of Innovation, Education, and Engineering in order to develop intellectual content associated with the project goals.
- Developed and implemented testing battery in order to prove project hypothesis.
- NoSQL Database (Development)
Developed a NoSQL hierarchical database with a flexible schema, index, and query support. Combined it with an extremely simple REST API for fast deployment.
- Industrial Temperature Measuring System (Development)
Wired and connected 14 digital temperature sensors to a Linux box in order to monitor commercial refrigerators. Built a REST API and a web application so employees could check the temperature at different sites. SMS and email alerts were sent once the temperature reached a certain threshold.
- Serverless Development Platform (Development)
Created a reusable serverless platform for rapid full-scale deployment and quick iteration.
FrameworksExpress.js, Flux, Ruby on Rails (RoR), React Native
Libraries/APIsReact, Should.js, Node.js, Twitter API, Google API
ToolsMocha, Vim Text Editor, Subversion (SVN), Git, Etcd, Browserify, AWS CloudFormation, AWS SES, AWS IAM
ParadigmsFunctional Programming, Model View Controller (MVC), Agile Software Development
StorageLevelDB, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS RDS
OtherServerless, Lambda Functions
- Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering2008 - 2009Purdue University - West Lafayette, Indiana
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering2004 - 2008Purdue University - West Lafayette, Indiana