Verified Expert in Engineering
JC is a full-stack developer who has enjoyed software development for the past 15 years and has worked professionally for the past 10. His expertise includes building, converting, and updating various web and mobile-based applications within various industries.
PHP, Node.js, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Bitbucket, Ubuntu, Bash
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded was a custom, pluggable scripting language called Function Language.
- Led the development of Lemonade, a full ERP solution catering to Filipino businesses built on ERPNext and Frappe.
- Developed a custom ordering website for a local food company including payments and delivery management.
- Oversaw the entire software development process, from requirements gathering, to development, testing, and aftercare support.
Apparel & Accessories Retail Company
- Led the React Native mobile application development from the initial stage to its submission to the App Store and Play Store.
- Extended CS-Cart substantially to conform to the functionality required.
- Developed multiple Node.js-based tools, including an automated image optimization process that saved server space and bandwidth for the website's visitors.
- Set up separate development and production environments and automated deployments for both.
- Created CloudWatch alarms that check the server's health, notify when the server is unhealthy, and rectify by automatically scaling or restarting unresponsive instances.
A Security Software Company
- Worked as a front- and back-end developer on the mobile application InvisibleMe, which involved using Amazon SES and Twilio to generate email addresses and phone numbers.
- Set up automated deployments to AWS AppSync via CloudFormation and Bitbucket pipelines.
- Handled the application's submission process to the App Store and Play Store.
Repair Services Provider
- Completed a React Native application and restructured the existing codebase to conform to best practices.
- Developed an automated deployment system to deploy directly from GitLab to Heroku.
- Extended the Hasura-based back end to include additional features to the application.
Social Media & Marketing Solutions Provider
- Updated parts of their existing Angular front end to add new features.
- Translated features from their existing front end to React and their existing infrastructure to serverless.
- Implemented paid promotion features into their updated front and back ends.
- Executed a new way of triggering long-form requests over API Gateway via Socket.IO.
Travel Agency & Services Provider
- Restructured their existing React Native app to make use of best practices.
- Implemented additional features to the Android and iOS applications.
- Fixed bugs and issues on the app's Android version.
- Introduced unit testing and continuous integration.
Centre for Educational Excellence
- Developed a WordPress plugin for automating tutors' workflows as they interact with students online.
- Built a WordPress plugin to introduce requested custom functionality onto LearnDash.
- Modified a WordPress theme to introduce requested custom functionality into LearnDash.
- Created a reusable REST API in Slim Framework for PHP, which allows application data querying and authentication using a one-time PIN.
- Developed a secure document storage and collaboration web application using Node.js with Lambda and API Gateway, with Amazon S3 as the storage medium.
- Configured the application's development, testing, and production environments.
- Built a companion Alexa Skill that allows users to take notes and store them in the application immediately.
- Implemented continuous integration using GitHub and TFS builds.
- Set up an integration testing suite using Newman and the AWS SDK.
- Added new features to an existing React Native application used for managing shifts.
- Restructured the existing React Native application to meet better code standards.
- Developed a Firebase back-end for the application, which held and parsed shift, venue, and employee information.
- Created a custom WordPress plugin for handling bookings and payments for a festival.
- Migrated 20 WordPress websites from one server to another, each with different custom panels.
- Built a Firebase-backed social networking site for sharing pictures based on location and decade.
- Added custom functionality to a Drupal plugin with no documentation.
- Developed a mobile application for receiving daily positive affirmations as notifications.
- Migrated to a new server an existing Laravel application developed by a third party without documentation.
- Rebuilt the Laravel application's AWS stack, which involved Amazon SNS for notifications and Amazon Route 53 for serving different websites through the same domain.
- Developed custom functionality into various WordPress themes to extend their capabilities.
- Converted their native iOS and Android apps used for restaurant loyalty rewards into a single React Native app.
- Restructured various parts of their system to increase security, especially the application's financial side.
- Performed R&D to look into other innovative projects, including a custom point-of-sale system that became an additional revenue source.
- Integrated an existing WYSIWYG editor into an ongoing Laravel project for A/B testing landing pages.
- Developed an editor that allows users to create variations based on the same landing page.
- Built an AWS integration into the application, which pushed output HTML files into S3 and created CloudFront distributions to serve them.
- Set up Amazon EC2 instances with Route 53 load-balancing rules.
Lead Software Developer
- Built a time-tracking solution within the Microsoft Dynamics CRM called Dynamic.Time.
- Managed the development of Dynamic.Time when additional developers were introduced to the project.
- Developed a custom integration between Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM.
- Led an Excel training course for companies teaching advanced Excel topics.
- Created the style guide in use in the company today.
Excel Master Class
The editor was a project we bought from CodeCanyon. I developed the integration with our Laravel front and back end and customized the editor to accommodate the creation of variations. The system would take the created pages and variations and automatically generate a page for every possible combination. Each page gets automatically uploaded to S3 with a CloudFront distribution, to which users can map alternate domain names using a CNAME record. Moreover, users are automatically directed to one of the generated combinations when they visit a page, which the system tracks, including clicks. I integrated heatmap.js so the system could show dynamic heat maps of the variations receiving the most clicks.
UpdraftPlus Backblaze Integration
MoveYDC Ticketing System
Zendesk CRM App
Sally Road Trips
Serverless Payment Processor
Room Service Foodhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5DLBroY3zg
DMCI Bank Portal
Army Navy Websiteshttps://www.armynavy.com.ph/
React Native, AngularJS, Laravel, Angular, .NET, Angular 6, Slim, Frappe, Flutter, Bootstrap, ASP.NET, Symfony, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Express.js, Next.js, gRPC
Firebase Android SDK, jQuery, Node.js, React, Bookshelf.js, Socket.IO, Twilio API, Google Translate API, Doctrine, Zendesk API, Google Maps, Web3.js
Knex.js, AWS AppSync, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon Cognito, Microsoft Visual Studio, AWS CloudFormation, Bitbucket, Microsoft Dynamics, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS), TFS, GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), CS-Cart, Amazon CloudWatch, LearnDash, MetaMask
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Firebase, WordPress, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Ubuntu, Amazon EC2, Drupal, AWS Lambda, Amazon Alexa, Heroku, Twilio, DigitalOcean, Zendesk, Ethereum
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB, Hasura, Microsoft SQL Server, Redis, PostgreSQL
Dynamics CRM 2015, Amazon API Gateway, Serverless, Amazon Route 53, API Gateways, Amazon RDS, ERPNext, Gatsby, Excel 365, WYSIWYG Web Builders, Heatmaps, OpenStreetMap, Hardhat, Strapi
Waterfall Development, Microservices Architecture, Microservices
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring