- Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2017Gorilla Logic
Technologies: Node.js, React.js, Angular 2, Angular 4, Ruby, Sinatra, Ruby on Rails, Express.js
- Developed, set up, and deployed Ruby/Sinatra/ExpressJS/Angular 2 microservice apps for production usage in automated cloud-based infrastructures.
- Evaluated and interviewed collaborator prospects.
- Incentivized knowledge sharing through conference speaking and community engagement.
- Innovation Wizard and Dev. Commanding Officer2013 - 2015AgilityFeat
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, WebGL, WebRTC, iOS, PubNub, TokBox, Hadoop, HBase, Vagrant, AWS, DigitalOcean
- Researched and implemented a walking skeleton of a Ruby on Rails application using Hadoop (HBase) as a data layer for a fleet management application which services clients with diesel motor fleets, ranging from UPS delivery trucks all the way up to airplane fleets.
- Sponsored as a guest speaker in Web Congress Panama 2014 to talk about my research on big data in general.
- Developed a real-time notifications system based on PubNub. Basically a business version of the Facebook notifications globe.
- Managed a small team of remote developers and successfully built a walking skeleton of a multi-service application consisting of several isolated modules working seamlessly together.
- Worked along with the University of Virginia to upgrade and maintain the Academic Preservation Trust network.
- Wrote tech articles for Real-time Weekly, WebRTC Ventures, TokBox, PubNub, and others.
- Front-end Firefighter2014 - 2014Animated Games AB
Technologies: AngularJS, Node.js, WordPress
- Developed and integrated AngularJS views in a fast-paced environment of constant updates and innovation.
- Created a new front-end architecture based on WordPress and AngularJS.
- Managed content translation systems for content creators.
- Worked closely together with the marketing team to upload promotional content for users in real-time.
- Optimized speed and performance on site.
- Senior Creative Engineer2012 - 2013Bosz Digital
- Was an integral part of a team in charge of building an award-winning (Webby) website for Bank of America.
- Maintained data layer modules build using Java.
- Curated HTML content on client articles.
- Highlighted as the key speaker at Digital Zoomit 2013.
- Head of Web Production Department2010 - 2012PerHead, Ltd.
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, XHTML, CSS, WordPress, Photoshop
- Hired and trained a team consisting of ten professionals.
- Implemented solutions using scalable PHP/MySQL applications which were crucial in provoking a shift in the company’s business model, from having an 83% telephone service offering income to having a 90% internet solutions-based income.
- Maintained several WordPress blogs.
- Designed and sliced website mockups using Photoshop.
- Designed and printed several physical ad campaigns to drive traffic to the company's web solutions.
- Web Developer2009 - 2010avVenta Worldwide
Technologies: XHTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, Visual Basic 5
- Created and maintained websites for GM.
- Created and maintained websites for Citibank.
- Fixed security bugs on PHP back-end systems.
- Created custom content generation tools in Visual Basic 5.
- Curated HTML content generated using proprietary content management systems.
- Producer, Director, and Technical Consultant2005 - 2007TelePort
Technologies: Macromedia Flash, Visual Basic 5, Photoshop, Premiere
- Created chroma-key animation layers for usage on live TV using Macromedia Flash and Visual Basic 5.
- Directed and produced two TV shows.
- Edited video using Premiere.
- Generated graphics using Photoshop and Macromedia Flash.
- Consulted the TV station on crew hiring and training.