Software Engineer2014 - PRESENTDubizzle
Technologies: Python, Django, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Docker
- Developed an internal ad inventory management system interfacing with Google DFP.
- Upgraded a large project based off a custom fork of Django 1.4 pre-alpha to a mainline supported release of Django.
- Dockerized the app to support continuous delivery and integration.
- Took over a vulnerable vertical project due to severe developer attrition and led it through its first public release.
- Redesigned an old monolithic codebase into a more maintainable micro services-based architecture.
Technical Lead2012 - 2014BigBasket
Technologies: Amazon AWS, Python, Django, MySQL, Solr, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ
- Developed a vehicle fleet routing system along with a Google Maps + Ember.js-based front-end for visualization and remapping.
- Transitioned the server side infrastructure from a simple Linode-based twin server setup to an Amazon AWS-based multi machine setup with ELB for load balancing and RDS for the database.
- Implemented a Solr-based faceted live search and eventually migrated it to Elasticsearch.
- Built user level and product level recommendation systems.
Engineering Lead2012 - 2012Taatsu Idea Labs
Technologies: Twisted, Cyclone, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, AFNetworking
- Designed and implemented a real-time stack for supporting a browser and mobile app-based document collaboration system with Twisted, Cyclone, and Redis.
- Designed and implemented the iOS client library for the aforementioned server side APIs with AFNetworking.
Lead Engineer2009 - 2012Trellisys
Technologies: Python, PostgreSQL, iOS, Android NDK
- Led the development of a document management system implemented with TurboGears on the server side and ExtJS-based UI on the browser.
- Founded the iOS practice at the company and led the development of 9 iPhone/iPad apps.
- Implemented an iOS real-time search-as-you-type search framework with C along with an Objective-C wrapper. Ported the framework to Android NDK.
- Designed and implemented an anti-cracking framework for Android apps with the NDK.
- Developed a Core Text and Core Graphics-based renderer for a custom markup language because iOS UIWebViews were too slow for large documents.
- Set up a Hudson-based server for continuous integration and regression testing of iOS apps.
Senior Developer2009 - 2009Symbol Technologies
Technologies: Python, Twisted
- Worked with a team implementing a network management system running on a MIPS core-based embedded server inside a wireless controller.
- Wrote a REST compliant server using the Twisted framework to expose lower level C APIs in a consistent fashion to the Flex front-end.
Founder2008 - 2009tagz.in
Technologies: Amazon AWS, Django, PostgreSQL
- Started a (now defunct) social bookmarking site called tagz.in, which featured around 5k active users at its peak.
- Wrote the project in Python with the Django framework, along with PostgreSQL for the database and a little bit of C code for the recommendation engine.
Programming Specialist2007 - 2008Position2
Technologies: Python, Django, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SciPy
- Developed a machine-based bidding system for Google Adwords, using SciPy for predictions, Django for the web front-end and YUI for the browser-based UI.
- Redesigned and managed the porting of a reporting tool from ASP.NET and MS SQL to Python and PostgreSQL.
- Performed security audits on Linux and FreeBSD-based servers.
R&D Developer2006 - 2007Tachyon Technologies
Technologies: Python, C++, Qt, PyQt
- Developed CSpace, an open source and secure P2P instant messaging system.
- Prototyped Quillpad, featuring fuzzy logic based on machine learning.
- Created a transliterator for Indic languages.
- Worked on the initial prototype of a cross platform high-level language compiler for what eventually evolved into the Clay programming language.