Lead iOS Engineer2020 - 2020Formation
- Responsible for the technical direction of iOS development at Formation.
- Provided mentorship and technical guidance to junior engineers.
- Collaborated with the founder and project manager on strategic planning.
Lead iOS Engineer2016 - 2019Nextdoor
- Onboarded and supervised three junior engineers, one senior engineer, and one engineering intern.
- Supervised a team of six engineers to rewrite Nextdoor's real estate section as well as spearheading and managing all phases of the project starting from the initial project proposal.
- Led the cross-functional efforts to support multi-language switching, launch a PR campaign, and introduce a delete conversation option within private messaging.
- Rebuilt and modularized tracking support to greatly improve developer productivity and accuracy of core metrics used to inform product decisions across the company.
- Led the efforts on iOS to introduce multiple new post flows and introduced photo and video support for multiple post types.
- Assisted engineers across the company (primarily from Web/Django backgrounds) in implementing iOS features on a tight deadline.
- Drove quarterly agendas and sought input from developers to understand the largest pain points they face.
- Gave monthly presentations to an audience of approximately 15 engineers.
- Helped combat racial profiling by rebuilding the crime and safety post-flow on a tight deadline.
- Led the efforts on iOS to support sharing on multiple post types.
iOS Engineer2015 - 2016Getaround
- Implemented the native calendar interface and back-end changes to allow owners to manage their car's availability (Youtu.be/k8OAdfBQ8R8?t=27).
- Designed the automated testing infrastructure and improved test reliability.
- Implemented the make filter to let users filter cars by make.