Senior Staff Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTLe Tote
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, AWS, Phoenix, Elixir, Swift, iOS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Took charge of a project to break off part of a Rails app into a separate service written in Elixir. This project was struggling when I arrived. I took over, developed a plan to migrate all the data and functionality and led a small team in doing so.
- Maintained our ops infrastructure in the AWS cloud via Terraform. I refactored our Terraform code into modules. I imported more AWS resources into the terraform code.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2017TRELORA
Technologies: React Native, Redis, MySQL, Elasticsearch, MobX, React, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Led a small team of developers building a Ruby on Rails application.
- Introduced React to an existing mostly-server-rendered application. We needed a real-time chat widget, so I used React for the UI and used a service called PubNub to publish and subscribe to topics with WebSockets for real time updates.
- Introduced the use of Mobx for state management in a new, larger React front-end application.
- Introduced ElasticSearch into the Ruby on Rails back-end application and configured an efficient indexing scheme for search results.
Software Engineer2010 - 2016OpenLogic
- Built an internal source code analysis app using JRuby and Rails and shared code from our client-facing source code scanner. It monitored queues of analysis jobs, recorded errors, and tracked results of analyzing millions of source code files.
- Wrote a source code scanner which analyzed files to record information such as language, number of characters/lines/bytes with and without whitespace, with and without comments, and code signatures for matching purposes.
- Developed a scheme for storing file analysis data, separated by "intrinsic" data—that which is part of the data inside the file itself, and "extrinsic" data—that which is about the context of the file, like the file's name, location, directory.