Verified Expert in Engineering
Numerical Modeling Developer
Jeremi obtained a PhD in mechatronics engineering and has over seven years of research experience in the field of industrial engineering/manufacturing and two years running independent IT/R&D consulting projects. He specializes in modeling and optimizing systems, with expertise in machine learning methods, programming, embedded systems, and IoT. He decided to leave academia with the ambition of having a stronger impact in real-life applications.
NVIDIA CUDA, Docker, Linux, Windows 10, Visual Studio, C++, MATLAB, Python 3, Anaconda
The most amazing...
...thing I've accomplished was founding a startup, Pixelent, aiming to revolutionize teleoperation of robots with an advanced, stereoscopic vision system.
Senior Consultant and Developer
- Developed and implemented novel technologies and execute data science projects for European companies. I was responsible for carrying out projects from the conceptual phase through requirements definition, development, and deployment.
- Developed a web platform for energy consumption monitoring, visualization, and forecasting for the printing industry using machine learning.
- Created a shop floor and cloud connectivity solution for industrial machinery using open communication models.
- Designed an ultra-low power IoT wearable device powered by an energy harvester and software stack to acquire and visualize data on an Android device.
- Generated deep-tech business ideas in the field of industry 4.0 and smart factory, and validated their feasibility and potential.
- Contacted hundreds of stakeholders: potential customers, technology providers, and industry experts for insights and market validation.
- Networked with a global community of entrepreneurs and innovators.
CNR-STIIMA, Italian National Research Council
- Developed an intelligent machine component: smart CNC spindle. I developed a sensory system, an embedded edge node (IoT), algorithms for analysis of acquired data, and communications with other systems, including a cloud back end.
- Created a high-performance, GPU-accelerated implementation of Eulerian motion magnification algorithm to amplify micromotions of objects in high-speed video feeds.
- Modeled, simulated, and optimized a discrete-manufacturing system for metal parts production to improve overall performance (minimize net present cost) and decrease environmental impact.
- Conceived, obtained funds, and executed research projects. I established and managed relationships with relevant industrial partners and published research findings in top-tier scientific journals.
- Mentored, coordinated, and led several early-stage researchers and senior students in carrying out research projects or thesis work.
Co-founder and CEO
- Created a working prototype of a stereoscopic vision system for teleoperation of unmanned vehicles, consisting of a robotic dual camera head, an image acquisition platform based on NVidia Tegra, and a software stack for streaming and VR rendering.
- Sat at the table on multiple occasions with investors and entrepreneurs looking for means to VC fund my business.
- Won a startup award at the "Kraków Business Starter" competition (second place out of 109 contenders).
- Led a team of two developers (hardware and software) in a pre-seed startup to develop an MVP. I defined technical requirements, supervised execution, and reviewed deliverables.
Early Stage Researcher
CNR-ITIA, Italian National Research Council
- Created physics-based mathematical models to predict the energy expenditure of CNC machines during production. These numerical digital-twins were composed of analytical, numerical, and simulation sub-models.
- Developed a sophisticated, hierarchical optimization algorithm to minimize energy demand and processing rate of industrial machines, introducing optimal machine parameter set-up and management policy choice.
- Performed cost-effectiveness analysis of various policies for manufacturing system management applied to industrial partners use-case.
- Collaborated and synchronized my work with other researchers, research groups, and partners, disseminating obtained research results in top-tier scientific journals and conferences.
Junior R&D Specialist
- Initialized and developed a product line of embedded controllers for the railway industry: a tram pantograph control system and train vacuum sanitary system. Yield from that project constituted a fair portion of the company's revenue.
- Participated in industrial measurement (NVH) campaigns for international customers.
- Performed software testing for an international client whose main product was a software suite for industrial measurements.
Energy Monitoring and Forecasting Web Application
Hierarchical Modeling and Optimization Framework for Machine Energy Predictionhttps://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0959652618327422
My work included using regression methods for model identification and sophisticated optimization algorithms to minimize energy use and ensure the highest productivity. I was responsible for the delivery of this project, which being part of a larger European research project, had an allocated budget of €250,000.
GPU Accelerated Implementation of Motion Magnification Algorithmhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLB_un1qaSw
- Intuitive operational deflection shapes visualization
- Dynamic analysis of micro-motions without using accelerometers
Embedded C, Python, C, C++, SQL, PHP
MATLAB, Visual Studio, Jupyter, Git
Mechatronics, Machine Learning, Numerical Modeling, Numerical Optimization, Machine Vision, Deep Learning, Regression, Manufacturing, Embedded Systems, Computer Vision, Signal Processing, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotics, Numerical Methods, Numerical Simulations, Optimization, Machinery, Entrepreneurship, Startup Funding, Virtual Reality (VR), Embedded Hardware, Neural Networks, Hyperparameters, Problem Structuring, Convolutional Neural Networks, Sequence Models, Business Analysis, Business Management, Computer Vision Algorithms, Simultaneous Localization & Mapping (SLAM), Internet of Things (IoT), Time Series, Forecasting, Video Analysis, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Big Data, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT)
NumPy, Pandas, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, Matplotlib, OpenCV
Real-time Systems, Data Science
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Qt 5
Anaconda, Linux, Docker, NVIDIA CUDA, Jupyter Notebook
PhD in Mechanical Engineering
Politecnico di Milano - Milan, Italy
Master's Degree in Mechatronics
AGH University of Science and Technology - Cracow, Poland
Student Exchange Participant in Electrical Engineering
University of Central Florida - Orlando, FL, USA
Deep Learning Specialization by deeplearning.ai
Machine Learning by Stanford Online
CUDA Programming on NVidia GPUs
University of Oxford
Management Essentials for PhDs
Politecnico di Milano
Certified Matlab Associate
Business Management and Entrepreneurship
ESADE Business School
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring