Senior Consultant and Developer2019 - PRESENTQuasarLabs
Technologies: Artificial Intelligence (AI), Qt 5, Scikit-learn, Jupyter Notebook, Jupyter, Python, Machine Learning, Machine Vision, Linux, Anaconda, Data Science, Time Series, Forecasting, Data Pipelines
- Developed and implemented novel technologies and execute data science projects for European companies. I was responsible for carrying out projects from the conceptual phase through requirements definition, development, and deployment.
- Developed a web platform for energy consumption monitoring, visualization, and forecasting for the printing industry using machine learning.
- Created a shop floor and cloud connectivity solution for industrial machinery using open communication models.
- Designed an ultra-low power IoT wearable device powered by an energy harvester and software stack to acquire and visualize data on an Android device.
Founder2020 - 2020Entrepreneur First
Technologies: Startup Funding, Deep Learning, Entrepreneurship
- Generated deep-tech business ideas in the field of industry 4.0 and smart factory, and validated their feasibility and potential.
- Contacted hundreds of stakeholders: potential customers, technology providers, and industry experts for insights and market validation.
- Networked with a global community of entrepreneurs and innovators.
Postdoctoral Researcher2017 - 2020CNR-STIIMA, Italian National Research Council
Technologies: Signal Processing, Real-time Systems, Computer Vision, Machine Vision, CUDA, Machine Learning, Machinery, Numerical Simulations, Optimization, Numerical Methods, Internet of Things (IoT), Time Series, Video Analysis
- Developed an intelligent machine component: smart CNC spindle. I developed a sensory system, an embedded edge node (IoT), algorithms for analysis of acquired data, and communications with other systems, including a cloud back end.
- Created a high-performance, GPU-accelerated implementation of Eulerian motion magnification algorithm to amplify micromotions of objects in high-speed video feeds.
- Modeled, simulated, and optimized a discrete-manufacturing system for metal parts production to improve overall performance (minimize net present cost) and decrease environmental impact.
- Conceived, obtained funds, and executed research projects. I established and managed relationships with relevant industrial partners and published research findings in top-tier scientific journals.
- Mentored, coordinated, and led several early-stage researchers and senior students in carrying out research projects or thesis work.
Co-founder and CEO2016 - 2017Pixelent
Technologies: OpenGL, Qt 5, Computer Vision, Virtual Reality (VR), Machine Vision, Mechatronics
- Created a working prototype of a stereoscopic vision system for teleoperation of unmanned vehicles, consisting of a robotic dual camera head, an image acquisition platform based on NVidia Tegra, and a software stack for streaming and VR rendering.
- Sat at the table on multiple occasions with investors and entrepreneurs looking for means to VC fund my business.
- Won a startup award at the "Kraków Business Starter" competition (second place out of 109 contenders).
- Led a team of two developers (hardware and software) in a pre-seed startup to develop an MVP. I defined technical requirements, supervised execution, and reviewed deliverables.
Early Stage Researcher2013 - 2017CNR-ITIA, Italian National Research Council
Technologies: Signal Processing, Real-time Systems, Optimization, C++, Numerical Simulations, Numerical Methods, MATLAB, Data Science
- Created physics-based mathematical models to predict the energy expenditure of CNC machines during production. These numerical digital-twins were composed of analytical, numerical, and simulation sub-models.
- Developed a sophisticated, hierarchical optimization algorithm to minimize energy demand and processing rate of industrial machines, introducing optimal machine parameter set-up and management policy choice.
- Performed cost-effectiveness analysis of various policies for manufacturing system management applied to industrial partners use-case.
- Collaborated and synchronized my work with other researchers, research groups, and partners, disseminating obtained research results in top-tier scientific journals and conferences.
Junior R&D Specialist2012 - 2013Rcc Nova
Technologies: Signal Processing, Real-time Systems, Embedded C, Embedded Hardware
- Initialized and developed a product line of embedded controllers for the railway industry: a tram pantograph control system and train vacuum sanitary system. Yield from that project constituted a fair portion of the company's revenue.
- Participated in industrial measurement (NVH) campaigns for international customers.
- Performed software testing for an international client whose main product was a software suite for industrial measurements.