Principal Architect2018 - PRESENTVacationRenter
Technologies: Node.js, React.js, Postgres, GCP, CDN, AI
- Built cloud-based data architecture.
- Improved application performance.
- Managed the development team.
- Achieved $100 million in gross annual booking volume within 60 days of launch.
VP of Engineering2015 - 2016Streamup (YC16)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React.js, AWS
- Collaborated with a team to develop new features for Streamup. Currently the app has over 20 million MAU and growing.
- Architected the current website to be API only and use microservices.
- Used AWS implementations including Lambda, RDS (PostgreSQL), DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, and SNS.
Senior Full-stack Developer2015 - 2015Streamup (YC16)
- Created an isolated gem engine to handle payment with PayPal Express Checkout and PayPal Adaptive Payment. https://github.com/jeremymarc/active_payment.
- Improved application performance in a variety of ways including code performance, HTTP caches, Edge Side Includes, and master-slave databases.
Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2015Sweetlabs
Technologies: PHP5, Symfony2, Node.js, AngularJS, Emberjs, Ruby
- Gained entrepreneurial experience by working at a Google Ventures and Intel Capital startup.
- Created and maintained a REST API for Pokki using Symfony2, MySQL, Google Big Query, Memcached, Elasticsearch, Twemproxy, and Akamai.
- Developed Windows applications using HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Backbone.js, Ember.js, and the Pokki platform.
- Created and maintained a REST API for Sweetlabs using Node.js, Express, and MySQL.
- Developed an SPA application using AngularJS 1.3 and jQuery.
- Worked as the main developer for Pokki.com (PHP5, Symfony2, Akamai, AWS).
Founder and CTO2010 - 2015RemixJobs
Technologies: PHP5, Zend, Symfony2, AngularJS, React.js, Ember.js
- Created multiple SPAs with AngularJS, Ember.js, and React.js.
- Created a RESTful API and implemented security features using OAuth 2.0.
- Led a team of four developers.
Web Developer2011 - 2013Pressking
Technologies: PHP, Zend, Symfony2, jQuery
- Built a multi-languages website using PHP5, Zend, and jQuery. (https://pressking.com).
- Created a Facebook tab application to display user press releases.
Ruby On Rails Developer2009 - 2010Justalab
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, HTML, CSS
Founder, J2EE Developer2007 - 2010Unikity
Technologies: Java, Spring, Flex
- Developed a multimedia chat application using Flex.
- Developed an AS3 XMPP library. (https://github.com/jeremymarc/jabikity).
- Managed the technical team (two people).
- Developed a social network and API using Java, J2EE, and Spring MVC.
- Juiiicy (Development)
Built juiiicy.com from scratch using Symfony2, Redis, and jQuery.
- Keepe (Development)http://www.keepe.com/
- Mobile-Base (Development)
Mobile-Base is a site for buying, selling, and trading smart phones on the web safely and securely all over the world with 80 markets in over 20 languages. Payment system is done through Paypal.
Built it by myself, using Ruby on Rails, HTML5/CSS3 and some React components.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), AngularJS, Symfony 2, Express.js
Libraries/APIsjQuery, Node.js, React
ParadigmsFunctional Programming, Agile Software Development
StorageMemcached, MySQL, Redis, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Master's degree in Computer Science2002 - 2007Supinfo - Paris