Verified Expert in Engineering
Jess is a seasoned front-end developer passionate about effective communication, clean code, feminism, and using technology to improve lives and build a better world. She has worked with and taught React, Redux, Ember.js, Backbone, jQuery, HTML, CSS, Sass, Node.js, and Express.js. Jess is willing to provide creative, web-based solutions for companies and individuals looking to streamline office efficiency, improve customer experience, or build a new, groundbreaking app from the ground up.
The most amazing...
...experience I've had as a web development teacher is watching my students flourish and achieve their dreams.
- Implemented all web marketing aspects for a new product, including from scratch website build, email marketing development, tracking implementation, A/B testing, and various application integrations as the product evolved.
- Collaborated across multiple teams throughout the company, including product, design, and marketing.
- Reported regularly straight to the C-suite and led a small team from project conception to launch.
Everly Well, Inc
- Architected and built a complete overhaul of the consumer dashboard.
- Modernized the front-end environment to comply with industry-preferred technologies, including webpack, Yarn, React, Redux, Sass, continuous integration, and test-driven development.
- Integrated the back-end team to migrate a monolithic app to dedicated microservices.
Front-end Engineering Instructor
The Iron Yard
- Designed and taught a 12-week curriculum, which led non-technically trained professionals through material sufficient to gain employment as junior-level front-end engineers.
- Lectured on topics ranging from Git workflows to CSS layouts to React component lifecycles. Developed projects and exercises to ensure students gained realistic and valuable experience writing code.
- Evaluated student submissions, performed daily code reviews, and delivered feedback. Provided mentorship and one-on-one guidance.
Front-end, HTML Email, APIs, Education