Verified Expert in Engineering
Computer Science Developer
Jey is a computer scientist specializing in high-performance system software, machine learning, mathematical optimization, and related areas. He has created predictive tools, libraries for conducting massive data analysis, contributed to the development of frameworks, and worked as a research engineer at the University of California, Berkeley. Jey is an accomplished software engineer proficient across a multitude of back-end technologies.
MacOS, Linux, Java, Python, Rust, Julia, C++, C
The most amazing...
...machine learning system I've developed dynamically personalizes shopping experiences by predicting which items each user will like the most.
University of California, Berkeley - EECS Department
- Contributed to the Apache Spark cluster computing framework. Focused on Python API performance optimizations, platform compatibility issues, and provided technical and engineering support to outside collaborators.
- Developed an interface to Apache Spark in the Julia language. Julia is a programming language for high-performance numerical and scientific computing applications.
- Created RISE Camp software for conducting web-based training workshops on cluster computing and cloud computing. Implemented using Jupyter notebooks, Docker containers, Node.js, and PostgreSQL.
Berkeley Institute for Data Science
- Developed Alchemist, a C++ library for conducting high-performance massive data analysis from within existing Apache Spark pipelines. Alchemist provides for calling MPI-based distributed linear algebra routines from within APIs native to Apache Spark.
- Held regular office hours to assist research scientists and graduate students in designing and developing analyses, debugging code, architecting solutions, and general technical and engineering support.
- Performed research and development activities in statistical algorithms and computational statistics.
Adjective Noun, LLC.
- Provided software design, development, and debugging services in cloud computing, interpreters, servers, databases, and other user-space systems software in Linux, Mac, Unix, and Windows environments.
- Designed and implemented an algorithm in C++ for evaluating outcomes in a probabilistic decision analysis application.
- Created network traversal layer in Java for a P2P application to resolve problems encountered when running on end-user networks that employ network address translation (NAT).
- Developed an extensible and power-efficient embedded Linux distribution for use in touchscreen kiosks.
Compiler Software Engineer
- Contributed to the compiler for a streaming data query language based on SQL, implemented in C++.
- Implemented multiple language features including scalar variables, inline schemas, type inference, constant expression folding, and write-to-database.
- Completed several projects in the query optimizer, execution plan optimizer, internal representations, and infrastructure.
Autonomous Vehicle Grand Challenge Team - University of California, Davis
Boost, Spark, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Google Test, Express.js, React Native, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
PySpark, Node.js, Keras, TensorFlow, React, MPI, PyTorch, Win32 API
Valgrind, CMake, Buildroot, Chrome Developer Tools, Jupyter
Parallel Programming, Cross-platform, Metaprogramming, Template Metaprogramming, ETL, Dataflow Programming, Distributed Computing
Docker, Linux, iOS, Android, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Embedded Linux, MacOS
Software Architecture, Performance Optimization, Algorithms, R&D, Machine Learning, Scientific Computing, Mathematical Modeling, Deep Learning, Google V8, React Native Bridge, Operations Research, Cloud Computing, Compilers, Database Engines, Combinatorial Optimization, Computer Vision, Linear Algebra, Statistics, Relational Algebra
PostgreSQL, Google Cloud Datastore, Redis, Databases, MySQL