Verified Expert in Engineering
Jiaji is a senior back-end developer with rich experience in the industry, including several global big software companies like Microsoft as well as a couple of successful small startups in Sweden. He's experienced in Java, Scala, Spring, and Apache Spark and has been specializing in tackling text-based big data challenges for the last 8+ years.
IntelliJ IDEA, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...cyber threat event detection engine I've created for Recorded Future analyzes text from various sources, such as mainstream media and Twitter.
Senior Java and Scala Developer
- Created a new framework to parse expert names from publications such as clinical trials.
- Developed a solution to parse geoinformation that's contained in the expert affiliations.
- Optimized the expert clustering algorithm to disambiguate experts with common names. Those experts were previously ignored since the existing clustering algorithm couldn't handle the amount of computation required.
- Proposed and implemented a solution to evaluate the result of the expert clustering algorithm.
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed and implemented a rule-based event detection engine supporting multiple languages.
- Created a couple of dev tools to boost productivity since the company also hires consultants specializing in various languages.
- Improved the existing features constantly and added new features to the event detection engine.
- Took part in the framework design for EMC Storage Integrator. It is a Windows MMC-based management utility to simplify storage provision.
- Set up the build system using Hudson (now Jenkins) and authoring the Windows installer.
- Implemented plugins for EMC storage systems, such as the EMC VNX file storage system.
Software Design Engineer
- Contributed to the development of the first version of the Microsoft Amalga web client, which is one of the most welcomed features.
- Followed the standard software development process in Microsoft, including design reviews, code reviews, issue triage, and bug bash.
- Achieved successful and high-quality delivery despite an insanely tight schedule.
Event Detection Engine for Recorded Future
Name Parser for Monocl
Author Affiliation Geoinformation Parsing
Apache Spark, .NET
Software Development, Computer Science
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Docker
Bachelor's and Ph.D. Degree in Computer Science
University of Science and Technology of China - Hefei, Anhui, China