Verified Expert in Engineering
QA Automation Developer
Jiewen is a self-motivated QA automation engineer with over four years of hands-on experience in web, mobile, and API testing with Java, Ruby, Cucumber, Rest Assured, Selenium, and Appium frameworks. As an expert in his field, he always delivers outstanding results on time. With his skill set, can-do attitude, and enthusiasm for coding, Jiewen is dedicated to assisting with complex projects.
Java, Selenium, REST Assured, Cucumber, Ruby, RSpec, Jenkins Pipeline, GitLab CI/CD, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Bitbucket API
The most amazing...
...thing I've built from scratch is a QA automation framework with Java, Cucumber, Selenium, and REST Assured.
Testing Automation Engineer
- Created a testing framework from scratch with Java, Selenium, Cucumber, and Rest-Assured.
- Coordinated with a front-end engineer regarding adding HTML tags for testing usage so that the test framework would be much more resilient to the UI framework change from Angular to React.
- Worked with DevOps to integrate an automated testing suite into the CI/CD pipeline with Terraform.
Software Development Engineer in Test
- Created several frameworks such as Selenium, REST Assured, Cucumber, and Java.
- Built Java, Selenium, Appium, Espresso, XCUITest, and JUnit frameworks for mobile web and native app testing on Android and iOS devices.
- Set up the CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins, GitLab, and Slack API.
- Added a procedure that automatically took screenshots at every step—25000+ screenshots—and uploaded them to the AWS S3 bucket.
- Implemented an easy reading report with a free third-party plugin.
- Coordinated closely with the developers and related product managers to create test cases and troubleshoot discovered bugs.
- Developed an automated ordering system using Java, Cucumber, and Selenium to submit an order to different suppliers after the sale was made.
- Initiated the cross-platform listing tool with Java, Cucumber, and Selenium to expand product selling channel; maintained and updated codes periodically in case of supplier site changes.
- Created an automated Ruby script with gems like Nokogiri and CSV for the inventory, price, and description update.
- Integrated the automated email responding function combining Gmail, RubyXL, and .NET to automatically answer customers' ten most common questions.
Java, Cucumber, Selenium, and REST Assured Framework
The framework was designed to be easily used by manual testers, business people, and programmers. The idea was the following:
• The manual tester writes the test cases "visually," describing steps of what can be seen in the web and mobile apps.
• The programmer writes the automation scripts based on the visual test cases.
Overall, the speedup of the test cycle was 30% higher than the previous one.
Java, Cucumber, and Appium Testing Framework
The goal was to run a unified mobile web and desktop web testing codebase under the same Java class.
Selenium, JUnit, Capybara, Appium, Cypress, TestNG, Mockito
Cucumber, REST Assured, RSpec, Jenkins, GitHub, GitLab CI/CD, TestRail, Apache JMeter, WireMock, Terraform, Postman
Test Automation, Testing, Software Testing, Functional Testing, Manual Testing, Automated Testing, Agile, Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
Jenkins Pipeline, Bitbucket API, REST APIs
WooCommerce, iOS, Android, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Mobile
Quality Assurance (QA), QA Automation, Manual Software Testing, eCommerce, APIs, Programming, QA Testing, Defect Management, Scripting Languages, DOM, Manual QA, Test Planning, Test Cases, Hospitality, Insurance Technology (Insurtech), Sauce Labs, Mobile App Testing, Espresso, UI Automator, API Testing, Data Migration, ETL Tools, Architecture, Regression Testing, Test Automation Frameworks
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Google Cloud
Master's Degree in Analytical Chemistry
University of Utah - Salt Lake City, UT, USA