Jihad is an experienced senior software engineer with more than seven years of extensive experience and skills as a full-stack developer primarily specializing in Java Spring/Struts, Angular, and React. He has a demonstrated history of working in eCommerce and e-health care industries from small and short-term projects to huge real-time systems.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), IntelliJ IDEA, Windows, Linux
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is build new features for a multi-billion dollar eCommerce client that increased their sales by about 15%.
Senior Software Engineer
IQVIA – Ramallah Office
- Integrated Spring Boot with Elasticsearch and optimized search performance.
- Designed a logging management system specification and architecture.
- Optimized disk usage on upper environments without data loss by archiving old logs.
- Maintained and supported the list management system.
- Created scripts to automate the build and deploy process considering sending alerts when the code has any issue.
Lead Software Engineer and Solution Architect
Infinite Tiers Group
- Led and managed a team of five software engineers.
- Reviewed each code change before it is committed, to ensure the code delivered to the client has the best quality.
- Designed technical approaches based on the functional requirements and existing systems. Presented the project guidelines and technical milestones to the team.
- Met with clients to provide feedback and updates on projects to keep them informed about issues that arise during development and the recommended solutions.
- Implemented a mobile-optimized progressive site with React and Redux.
Senior Software Engineer
- Applied Java/Jakarta EE design patterns while developing the software components.
- Helped and advised junior developers and made sure they were following best practices.
- Implemented and displayed sale price ranges on products list pages and product details page.
- Analyzed the system and suggested a way to enhance the performance.
- Resolved daily support and enhancements of WCS implementation tasks.
IBM WebSphere Commerce Developer
- Created a new WCS store based on the Aurora starter store.
- Integrated WCS 7 with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
- Used Solr to enhance data retrieval performance for WCS.
- Created a new promotion type that increased the total sale for the client.
- Created a reusable component for product filtering based on color and price.
- Developed, tested, and debugged applications using Java/JEE tools and technologies.
- Applied Java/Jakarta EE design patterns while developing software components.
- Oversaw the maintenance of six branded WCS sites under Cornerstone Brands.
- Analyzed and researched the server-side exceptions to determine the root cause and provide the approaches to resolving them using best practices.
- Replaced WCS pricing engine with a real-time call for pricing and availability.
- Created a caching mechanism to optimize WCS performance.
CornerStone Brands (HSN)
Health Data Registry (HDR)
It supports interoperability standards pertaining to data content structure, reference models, and terminologies by providing terminology a service that allows healthcare applications to make use of codes and value sets without having to become experts in the fine details of code system.
GWT, Angular Material, AngularJS, Spring, Apache Struts, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Bootstrap, Angular, Redux, Spring Security, Dojo, Express.js
REST APIs, React, jQuery, RxJS, JSTL, React Redux, Node.js, jQuery UI
Solr, VMware, Google Analytics, Subversion (SVN), Apache Tomcat, IntelliJ, Git, SoapUI, Apache Maven, Docker Compose, IntelliJ IDEA, Keycloak
Agile, Microservices, REST, HL7 FHIR Standard, Database Design, Test-driven Development (TDD), API Architecture
WebSphere Commerce, Windows, Eclipse, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linux, Shopify, Docker, Oracle, Apache Kafka
MySQL, MongoDB, Hazelcast, Cache, PostgreSQL, IBM Db2, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Elasticsearch
Full-stack, APIs, eCommerce, Front-end, WCS, Google Tag Manager, Web Development, Consul, Commerce, Frameworks, CSV, SOAP, Single-page Applications (SPA), AEM, Leadership, RESTful Microservices, Software Architecture, Progressive Web Applications (PWA)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
An-Najah National University - Palestine