Verified Expert in Engineering
Jim is a passionate front-end developer with a strong record of delivering high-quality web and hybrid applications. He's worked with award-winning agencies, SME businesses, and large enterprise-scale organizations, building applications that reach millions of daily users. At Barclays, he championed a revolutionary approach to Salesforce UI development, reducing time-to-market by an average of 50%. He prides himself on quality, service, and excellent communication.
The most amazing...
...tool I've developed is Barclays Blueprint component library, used in over 450 applications and millions of daily users globally, accredited at WCAG 2.1 AA.
Lead Application Architect
- Developed a new multi-brand design system supporting Angular and React natively to a WCAG 2.2AA standard. I championed using Figma with design tokens to translate into CSS custom properties for the web and JSON for React Native.
- Led the migration of Virginmedia.com and Virginmediao2.co.uk from AWS to GCP, with new pipelines running 98% faster and a fully integrated release/rollback platform.
- Led the development of an Angular Universal SEO application integrated with Strapi CMS.
- Developed landing pages for an in-person recruitment event, integrating them into SharePoint.
- Improved the SEO performance of legacy Virginmedia.com.
UX and UI Lead Developer
- Developed a single component library spanning five brand expressions, expressed into CSS, Angular, and React, and used in over 450 different applications and 70 channels. Accredited to a WCAG 2.1 AA standard.
- Championed a revolutionary approach to Salesforce UI development, enabling faster and better quality development without requiring specialized Salesforce UI developers. Ultimately reduced time-to-market by an average of 50%.
- Led the global initiative implementing micro frontend architecture and transitioning to Angular. Enabling applications to be developed once yet deployed in many contexts.
Lead Application Architect
- Transitioned from monolithic MVC application architecture to a micro-service-driven UI architecture.
- Developed the award winning MyTalkTalk app, which ranked within the top ten utility applications within the UK.
- Standardized the brand by delivering the TalkTalk Baseline Component Library, enabling rebranding exercises to happen within days, delivered with zero release day defects.
- Developed and architected a repair application allowing customers to resolve the top 80% of issues online.
- Developed Alexa Skills allowing customers to self-serve via their Amazon Echo devices.
- Transitioned from on-premises hosting to serverless architecture.
- Delivery of CMS technology using Contentful, reducing development efforts by 80% and delivery time for content changes by over 95%.
- Development of a custom responsive CSS grid technology meeting BBC standards.
- Developed the UI consolidating 3x CBeebies websites (mobile, tablet, desktop) into a single application used by millions of families daily.
- Migrated Children's BBC from the proprietary Glow framework to the [at the time] standard of jQuery.
- Assisted the team delivering the BBC's first AWS web application.
Senior UI Developer
Q3 Internet Services (SecuraCert)
- Developed BrochureWare website based in WordPress with a WooCommerce store allowing customers to purchase SSL certificates with automatic provisioning from a variety of third-party suppliers, integrated with WorldPay.
- Developed a bespoke SSL certificate management system with customers logging in with their WordPress credentials and allowing them to generate CSRs, and provision, revoke, renew, and replace SSL certificates.
- Developed and customized SugarCRM enabling teams to manage leads. Customized for SSL certificate reselling and refreshing data based on queries against SSL domains and historical sales data. Saved over £10,000 per month in purchasing lead data.
BBC Children's (Cbeebies)http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies
Angular, Bootstrap 3+, Next.js, Angular Material, NestJS, CodeIgniter, Tailwind CSS, React Native, AngularJS, Serverless Framework, Jest
React, jQuery, REST APIs, Node.js, RxJS, Jenkins Pipeline
GitHub, GitLab, Jira, Git, CircleCI, Angular Universal, PostCSS, Yarn Workspaces, Adobe Experience Design (XD), Parallels Plesk Panel, Plesk, SugarCRM, Figma, Seos
REST, UI Design, Responsive Web Design (RWD), UX Design
Storybook, Pixel Perfect, Ajax, Landing Pages, User Interface (UI), Front-end, Landing Page Design, Clean Design, Mobile First, Responsiveness, Web UX, Bootstrap 4, Prismic, SSL Certificates, SOAP, User Experience (UX), Lottie, Design, Responsive UI, SSL, SSL Configurations, System Design, Google Cloud Functions, Strapi
Contentful, WordPress, Amazon Alexa, AWS Lambda, WooCommerce, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
MySQL, Google Cloud, Google Bucket