UX and UI Lead Developer2018 - PRESENTBarclays
- Developed a single component library spanning five brand expressions, expressed into CSS, Angular, and React and used in over 450 different applications and 70 channels. Accredited to a WCAG 2.1 AA standard.
- Championed a revolutionary approach to Salesforce UI development enabling faster and better quality development without the need for specialized Salesforce UI developers. Ultimately reducing time-to-market by an average of 50%.
- Led the global initiative implementing micro-front-end architecture, and transitioning to Angular. Enabling applications to be developed once yet deployed in many contexts.
Lead Application Architect2014 - 2018TalkTalk
- Transitioned from monolithic MVC application architecture to a micro-service-driven UI architecture.
- Developed the award winning MyTalkTalk app, which ranked within the top ten utility applications within the UK.
- Standardized the brand by delivering the TalkTalk Baseline Component Library, enabling rebranding exercises to happen within days, delivered with zero release day defects.
- Developed and architected a repair application allowing customers to resolve the top 80% of issues online.
- Developed Alexa Skills allowing customers to self-serve via their Amazon Echo devices.
- Transitioned from on-premises hosting to serverless architecture.
- Delivery of CMS technology using Contentful, reducing development efforts by 80% and delivery time for content changes by over 95%.
Software Developer2013 - 2013BBC
- Development of a custom responsive CSS grid technology meeting BBC standards.
- Developed the UI consolidating 3x CBeebies websites (mobile, tablet, desktop) into a single application used by millions of families daily.
- Migrated Children's BBC from the proprietary Glow framework to the [at the time] standard of jQuery.
- Assisted the team delivering the BBC's first AWS web application.
Senior UI Developer2012 - 2013Q3 Internet Services (SecuraCert)
Technologies: WordPress, WooCommerce, jQuery, CodeIgniter, PHP, MySQL, Parallels Plesk Panel, Plesk, AWS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), SSL Certificates, SSL, SSL Configurations, REST, REST APIs, Ajax, Curl Language, SOAP, SugarCRM
- Developed BrochureWare website based in WordPress with a WooCommerce store allowing customers to purchase SSL certificates with automatic provisioning from a variety of third-party suppliers, integrated with WorldPay.
- Developed a bespoke SSL certificate management system with customers logging in with their WordPress credentials and allowing them to generate CSRs, and provision, revoke, renew, and replace SSL certificates.
- Developed and customized SugarCRM enabling teams to manage leads. Customized for SSL certificate reselling and refreshing data based on queries against SSL domains and historical sales data. Saved over £10,000 per month in purchasing lead data.