- CTORedShred2014 - PRESENT
Technologies: Python, React.js, Keras, TensorFlow, Sklearn, Elasticsearch
- Designed and developed RedShred's SaaS machine reading solution.
- Developed machine learning models for text classification using a variety of traditional and deep learning methods.
- Developed crawlers and custom ETL pipeline for public datasets.
- Won an NSF STTR and led a team of researchers (from RedShred and our university partner) on executing on that grant.
- Developed initial UX and managed an outside team of developers on a new version.
- Developed RedShred's data annotation process, maximizing the value of annotators at multiple skill levels.
- Principal EngineerSecured Sciences Group2008 - PRESENT
Technologies: Django, Python, PostgreSQL, jQuery, NLTK, MongoDB
- Worked as part of a larger team to design streamlined user experiences for a media content management team. Worked within this team to deploy a new Django-based solution to replace a legacy CMS deployment.
- Led teams in managing content migration from legacy platforms into a new Django-based CMS.
- Developed a customized pressroom portal in Django for media clients. Created custom middleware, tags, filters, and extensions for the Django admin.
- Created a system to automatically import content from an external asset management feed. Interfaced with third party teams over time to ensure smooth handoff of information. Included a video management system that was replaced during the lifetime of our system for managing the interaction with the new vendor to ensure a smooth transition.
- Developed several new product prototypes for Django-based software as a service offering.
- Developed an opportunistic environment supporting massively parallel text analysis.
- Ranging from Developer to Engineering ManagerSourcefire2002 - 2008
- Developed cutting edge solutions in network intrusion detection software.
- Managed two teams (user experience and communications) across a broad array of product functions.
- Led the communications team for managing box-to-box synchronization and communications across the multi-tier Sourcefire 3D network suite.
- Led a major initiative to bring a localized UI to the Sourcefire 3D product line.
- Worked as a developer for the user experience team providing FCAPS (fault, configuration, accounting, performance, security) interfaces across a broad array of product functions.
- Designed and implemented novel user interfaces for intrusion analysis and policy configuration and enforcement.
- Coordinated with product management to ensure that customer features were implemented in an exceptional fashion.
- Software Engineer IICorvis Corporation2001 - 2002
- Developed network management software for a major optical telecommunications startup.
- Worked with a team to prototype and develop a replacement next-generation network management system.
- Helped troubleshoot field operations issues with management software and communications with SNMP agents.
- EngineerUniversity of Maryland Institute for Advanced Computer Studies1997 - 1999
- Developed an open repository for NASA earth science data resources (Landsat, AVHRR, and others).
- Created an interactive, vector-map-based data browser from parsed ESRI shapefiles in the days before Google Maps and other mapping services were available.
- Worked with a team of engineers to handle loading of resources and metadata from an IBM HPSS storage system.
- Interfaced with cross-disciplinary teams in computer science and geography to help bring products to life.