Computational Science Developer III2006 - 2018Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- Developed and enhanced software for presentation of biological data.
- Developed a set of generic, composable D3 charting widgets.
- Created the KBase projects initial web interface.
- Built a test harness to automate generation of similar test scripts, increased production from 30 tests per day to 4,000 tests per day.
- Developed a RESTful architecture to allow authorized users to directly interact with the Gramene genomics database.
Senior Application Developer2003 - 2006Edison Schools
- Supervised other developers to coordinate workload.
- Responsible for maintenance and enhancements to the ETL system.
- Developed and enhanced parts of the Edison Benchmarking System.
- Developed a web-based tool to allow non-technical staff to configure the ETL product.
- Created several process documents, formalizing internal procedures.
Senior Perl Developer2000 - 2002Performics
Technologies: HTML, DB, MySQL, Perl
- Served as the team lead on the re-write of Performics' main product, ConnectCommerce.
- Created the bridge to export data from ConnectCommerce and import into the Great Plains accounting package.
- Optimized import file validation utilities, reducing time for file insertion/rejection from 1 day to less than 1 minute.
- Optimized existing SQL queries to drastically improve runtime.
- Developed modular components to reduce redundant developer work.
Senior Web Developer1999 - 2000Playboy Enterprises
Technologies: HTML, Perl
- Built Playboy's internal CMS system to deploy to the production website.
- Built Playboy's Subscription processing system, allowing web-based magazine subscriptions.
- Built Playboy's mass email system to speed up mass mailing subscriptions.
- Built Playboy's polling system, used for sidebar polls on playboy.com.