DevOps2019 - PRESENTOn Campus Marketing
Technologies: DevOps, Linux, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Infrastructure as Code (IaC), React, Next.js, GitLab CI/CD, Web Performance, Docker, Go, Terraform, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Kubernetes
- Set up Gitlab CI/CD for deploying microservices and infrastructure changes.
- Created Terraform scripts to manage infrastructure as code (IaC).
- Designed, set up, and managed a per-branch UI preview, allowing QA to go through a branch with front-end changes before merging to a staging environment.
- Provided actionable insights about performance issues with the browser SPA and did some development to implement fixes in this area.
- Designed and set up monitoring and alerts to quickly flag issues affecting customers.
- Collaborated in a team to design a good infrastructure on top of Google Cloud, whereby requests go through a global load balancer with integrated CDN before they are served through Google Container Engine (GKE).
- Designed and implemented OCM's caching strategy. At its core, requests to the server never include user data, which works well for this project and allows CDN to store all results being returned from the back end (until code or data changes).
Co-founder and Lead Developer | DevOps2017 - 2018UTU Intelligence
Technologies: Docker, Linux, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), DevOps, CircleCI, Kubernetes, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Terraform, Go
- Designed and built a pipeline for ingesting high volumes of user data.
- Set up and managed a production Kubernetes cluster with Terraform. This was the infrastructure behind all the company's development resources.
- Forked and maintained the community Terraform provider for Kubernetes to include pod-anti affinity in order to support our database hosting.