Jing Hong Chan
Verified Expert in Engineering
Jing is a front-end developer with five years of professional experience specializing in React and React Native. He's attentive to detail and excels at building creative interfaces and interactions. Jing is obsessed with crafting pixel-perfect front-end experiences and getting a perfect lighthouse score. He believes that being a great developer balances beauty with practicality, and he writes code that future developers can easily work with.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Slack, Git, Jira, Bitbucket, GitLab
The most amazing...
...experience I have had as a developer was being awarded Apple's scholarship to attend the annual WWDC event three times in a row.
Senior Front-end Developer
Aevo (by Ribbon Finance)
- Worked closely with a designer and developed a high-performance crypto exchange front-end with arguably the best-in-class UI from scratch.
- Built the web socket management architecture that auto-subscribes/unsubscribes to relevant instruments, index prices, and charts without having any noticeable load on the front end.
- Built and deployed the Aevo NFT contract and the front end. Only users with the NFT are allowed to access the product during the beta.
- Built an interactive options chain component that allows users to trade over 100+ instruments and expiries.
- Developed a front end that allows users to easily deposit their cryptocurrencies into our vaults and earn weekly yields. Our total value locked in all the vaults has exceeded $300 million.
- Developed a GraphQL project using The Graph that allows the indexing of certain on-chain events to allow the front end to query data easily.
- Created ribbon.metrics.finance that pulls data from our subgraph and visualizes it all in one place.
- Led the front-end team in building the Aevo options exchange (currently in beta).
Co-founder, Full-stack Developer
- Developed an image generation tool that allows us to combine and generate 8,000 images of all the NFTs and upload them to the IPFS.
- Developed a gas-optimized ERC-721 smart contract that allows the minting of NFTs.
- Oversaw the entire process from the beginning until launch, generating over $1 million in revenue.
- Developed a front end that provides an excellent NFT minting experience using React, TypeScript, and web3.js.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Worked on two user platforms, including the public-facing front end and the CRM.
- Designed and developed the UI component for visualizing financial details in the form of charts.
- Added i18n translations for a text component for over ten different languages.
Senior Mobile Developer
- Successfully developed and launched the second version of Digi’s mobile sales app.
- Wrote a custom API to allow React Native to interface with the native biometrics sensor (Java).
- Implemented the unit test pipeline for the React Native project.
- Founded Groftware while at university, with the university itself as the first client. Developed a React project for the school of business to help students with essay writing, including a mind-mapping component.
- Worked on over ten different projects, servicing clients from Malaysia and Singapore, and grew the team to three people in two years.
- Developed a delivery app for one of the largest hypermarket chains in Malaysia to facilitate truck drivers with their product deliveries. The mobile app was created using React Native, and the admin portal was built with React.
MY SG Festival Post
I built the website using React with Next.js and made the iOS and Android mobile app using React Native; the back end and database were hosted on Firebase.
Is It Licensed
I created the front end using React and built the back end and web scraper using Google Cloud functions, Node.js, and Puppeteer.
I built a custom React component that allows a horizontal experience when scrolling vertically (Groftware.tech/experience). I created the front end with React and hosted it on Netlify. The form submission uses Netlify forms, which trigger a Slack and email webhook.
404 New Tabhttps://www.producthunt.com/posts/404-new-tab-2
I was one of the iOS contractors that took over an in-progress iOS app written in Objective-C. The app's functionality that I've worked on includes a cart system, checkout, and payment.
I've built the front-end from the ground up, from allowing users to connect their wallet and depositing USDC from Ethereum mainnet to trading options and perps instruments to withdrawals.
React Native, Next.js, Angular, Redux
React, Web3.js, Node.js, Puppeteer, MobX
MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Blockchain, Firebase, Docker, Netlify
Front-end, Ethers.js, WebSockets, Google Cloud Functions, Web3, TradingView, Futures & Options
Expo, Jira, Slack, Bitbucket, GitLab, Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, Xcode, Git