- Full-stack Web Developer2018 - 2018Qomm, Pte., Ltd. (via Toptal)
- Developed back-end API endpoints to consume data and maintain the status of a chat SPA.
- Integrated with an XMPP back-end service to implement chat functions.
- Worked on server deployment and dev/ops engineering using Google Cloud Platform.
- Integrated with GCP services like Google Storage.
- Full-stack Developer2018 - 2018Geopier West (via Toptal)
- Replicated an existing internal iOS app and its back-end service.
- Integrated Excel files on the back-end side, as the app was primarily used for data management.
- Covered almost 80% of my code base under unit testing.
- Wrote a reusable, testable, and clean code base for readability and maintainability.
- Freelance Senior Back-end Developer2017 - 2017BrokerGenius, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: PHP, Laravel, MySQL, Redis, REST, SQL Server
- Worked on a highly scalable, performance-critical web service which requires a clean, testable, and reliable codebase.
- Worked in the agile team environment with the back-end team of developers in Barcelona.
- Integrated with third-party services like Stubhub and VividSeats.
- Collaborated closely with the QA team and participated in various kind of testings and demos.
- Freelance iOS Developer2016 - 2016iDialogs (via Toptal)
Technologies: Swift 2, Swift 3, Alamofire, Core Data, SQLite, HealthKit, Eureka, XLForm
- Worked as a Swift developer for the iDialogs team.
- Collaborated with other developers and clients (who provided new requirements) in the DevOps team.
- Developed the Today widget for the app.
- Converted XLForm codes to use Eureka.
- Developed other modules and provided ongoing support and upgrades.
- Freelance Lead Developer2016 - 2016PhysioHealth (via Toptal)
Technologies: Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB, AWS EC2, AWS S3, SSL, Logentries, Swift, Objective-C
- Led development, providing guidance to iOS and Android developers.
- Developed the back-end and implemented new features such as connecting to Fitbit, Jawbone, Google Fit, and HealthKit systems.
- Supported the live product and fixed server errors.
- Freelance iOS Developer2015 - 2016Precoa (via Toptal)
Technologies: Objective-C, AVFoundation, GPUImage, AFNetworking, AWS S3
- Developed the Legacy Video app.
- Created an AWS S3 bucket for uploading videos.
- Tested a RESTful API.
- Full-stack Mobile Developer2014 - 2015Contract
Technologies: Objective-C, Java, PHP, Laravel, Parse, AWS, GoDaddy
- Developed social, taxi, real estate, fitness, and other apps for a variety of clients.
- Project Manger for Mobile Apps2011 - 2014Intechno China
Technologies: iOS (iPhone+iPad), Android
- Led a photo and story sharing app project. This project demonstrated the company's competency for its cost-effective, future-oriented, and quality-centered approach.
- Oversaw a navigation assistant app project (iOS/Android) which utilized multiple map services (similar to Waze).
- Managed a contest app project in collaboration with CCTV.
- Led a real estate app project with eCommerce feature.
- Oversaw the creation of an integrated warehouse management system which let warehouse workers record the status of barcode scanning devices like Honeywell barcode scanners.
- Managed the creation of mobile apps which are used in distributed working environment to track the location and status of workers.
- Mobile Developer (iOS, Android)2009 - 2011Intechno China
Technologies: Objective-C, Java, Xcode, iOS, Android
- Developed social networking iOS apps which have posting, sharing, and chatting features. I also utilized technologies like Bluetooth LE for finding people.
- Wrote "Coding Guidelines for Maintenance, Reusability and Scalability," a guide for Intechno mobile app developers.
- Developed taxi apps with GPS and Map integration, which utilizes Google Maps, Baidu Map, and Apple Maps. The taxi apps had social features in addition to default features like scheduling and match making.
- Developed eCommerce apps, using payment gateways such as PayPal.
- Developed the back-end for some small/middle-scaled mobile app projects.
- Developed real estate apps.
- Project Manager2005 - 2009Kingsoft
Technologies: Zend, MySQL, Python, MongoDB, .NET
- Led the upgrade of a bank website. The project covered adding new functions and improving the performance.
- Oversaw the connection of distributed data servers for an enterprise.
- Managed the customization of the template product for business organizations.
- Supervised the development of new components for the template product. (CRM, Sales Management, Data Mining).
- Spearheaded the improvement of the company product based on new requirements analyzed.
- Team Leader2004 - 2005Kingsoft
Technologies: Zend, MySQL, PHP
- Led a team to develop a bank website.
- Set guidelines for quality assurance and quality control.
- Architected procedures to estimate the development capacity of individual developers and teams.
- Carried out code review and quality testing.
- Interfaced with the customers to analyze requirements and accept feedback.
- Web Developer2002 - 2004Kingsoft
Technologies: PHP, Zend, .NET, Java, Ruby, Python
- Contributed to the development of a website for a Chinese bank. Analyzed business logic and developed the web back-end.
- Developed a customer management website template and customized it for several clients.
- Optimized databases and back-end engines of already-existing products and carried out load testing.
- Reviewed codes against proposed coding practices of the company.
- Developed a shopping website with Zend and MySQL.