2013 - PRESENT
- Ran a successful Microsoft BizSpark startup firm.
- Built Spearian for Excel, an MS Excel add-on providing revolutionary time saving functionality, and Spearian for Outlook, an MS Outlook add-on designed for CEOs, CIOs, CFOs and other people who need to process lots of information in as little time as possible.
- Created smartscuit.com, a machine learning portal for financial data, as well as developing the mobile app version for iPhone and Android.
Technologies: .NET, Telerik, WPF MVVM, Prism, Excel-DNA, PostSharp, CUDA, Git, ASP.NET MVC, Azure, Python, Java, MongoDB, MySQL, Linux
Financial Analyst & Developer
2014 - 2014
- Responsible for tactical architecture and rapid development and migration of legacy applications to industry best practice solutions with extensive reporting.
- Upgraded an application for internal tracking of activities from MS Access to a multi-tier ASP.NET MVC application, extensively using Telerik Kendo UI.
- Re-engineered the tool for fixed income proposals to the clients of a private bank.
- Introduced an internal Excel add-on exposing internal APIs which were difficult to access otherwise.
- Architected a time series database used for investment engineering, including a robust method for dealing with unreliable input data.
Senior C# Test Automation Architect and Strategist
Phonak AG (Sonova Holding AG)
2012 - 2013
- Directed and led the construction of dynamic code analytical tools for a $2B producer of audio hardware technologies (primarily wireless communication devices, hearing aids, and cochlear implants) sold worldwide.
- Served as a senior consultant, project team lead, and technology architect, establishing industry-leading technological infrastructure for the company.
- Architected a representative test cases generation framework.
- Architected various business intelligence dashboards.
Technologies: TDD, C# .NET 4, VBA, ASP.NET, WPF, WCF, Linq, NUnit, Entity Framework, NDepend, SQL Server, MySQL, Python, SharePoint, TeamCity, Splunk, SVN
Senior Software Engineer
Quartal Financial Solutions AG
2011 - 2012
- Created, introduced, and implemented next-generation calculation engines for a privately-owned company that specializes in fee billing, revenue, and commission management products for investment banks, asset management firms, fund administrators, and custodians.
- Authored detailed fee overview papers that became standard company resources.
- Created a sophisticated and fully customized Microsoft SharePoint 2010 knowledge base; mentored junior members.
Technologies: Matlab, .NET, C#, F#, WCF, WinForms, DevEx, NUnit, Oracle PL/SQL, ASP.NET, Ruby, TeamCity, JIRA, SharePoint, Entity Framework, IronPython, Workflow Engines, SVN
Senior Architect Consultant
2011 - 2011
- Designed and implemented a .NET/C# API for Deutsche Bank’s Sungard Martini that proved critical to the success of several statistical and data analytical tools utilized by the firm’s asset management divisions.
- Managed the full project lifecycle as a senior-level developer.
Technologies: C#, C++, Java, R, Python, Swig
2011 - 2011
- Provided comprehensive analysis and improvement recommendations for an Excel analytics add-on for one of the leading analytics companies in Germany.
Technologies: .NET, C#, VSTO
Senior Consultant in Emerging Markets IT
2010 - 2010
- Directed and led the Emerging Markets IT team in Singapore to build several high-profile technology solutions that benefited the firm’s risk management and regulatory reporting functions.
- Customized .NET data retrieval feeds to aggregate pricing information from Reuters that dramatically reduced the time required to calculate market risk.
Technologies: C#, WPF, WinForms, MS SQL Server, Entity Model
Senior Consultant in Commodities IT
2009 - 2010
- Executed Credit Suisse’s transition from a legacy Excel-based risk management system to a robust C#-based platform that increased data analysis and pricing efficiency for the investment banking department.
- Evaluated and tested artificial intelligence (AI) solutions designed to identify and automatically correct erroneous market data.
- Liased between the global market data team and the technology development team to solve problems.
Technologies: VBA, SQL, C#, SharePoint
2009 - 2009
- Architected and implemented a tool for Citibank’s Private Bank that enabled bankers to recommend re-allocations and risk optimization strategies to clients in real time.
- Successfully reduced the total production time required to generate detailed financial performance reports to minutes from days by automating data extractions from internal sources and Bloomberg pricing models.
Technologies: Java, Matlab, Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle PL/SQL, MS SQL Server
Quantitative Developer, FICC
2006 - 2007
- Served as lead architect and builder of Goldman Sachs’ “Equity Quote Tool” pricing engine.
- Co-designed the web interface, parallel grid computing platform, and distributed databases.
- Programmed the primary logic that drove the core functionality of several pricing models.
- Co-formulated the overall vision and strategy to implement the tool with front office traders.
Technologies: C++, Java, VBA
2006 - 2006
- Developed various tools for the inflation bonds desk.
Technologies: Java, SQL, VBA, Excel
2004 - 2005
- Designed and implemented backtesting of various algorithmic trading models.
- Conducted extensive reporting for the structured portfolio desk.
Technologies: C#, Java, VBA, SQL
Bank of America
2004 - 2004
- Implemented various interest rate models.
Technologies: VBA, Bloomberg, SQL